UPS doesn't match 401(k) contributions, but...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Understand what?

We had a PT sup who worked here while going to school. Graduated with a degree in accounting and is now a CPA.
They converted to a 401k because most new managements hires prefer the flexibility a 401k offers.
so is ups putting the pension money into the 401k now???? The old management received a pension and a 401k match...them loosing the pension is a cost cutting measure nothing less nothing more

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Oh. Yeah they're pretty much stuck.
We have had full timers quit and get great jobs... Also have had others who couldn't cut it here and had a hard time getting other jobs even managing a McDonald's...sometimes ups is looking for that yes guy or gal management person who just can't cut it out in the real business world

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Can you image someone at a division mgr level and knowing your fellow division counterparts are getting a pension and all you get is a 401k match....lol

I'm 31; what you think

trad more tax advantageous than roth for most of here; both are good but most of here will be lower tax bracket after retiring

i got trad 401k and roth ira

my silver isn't really an investment but something i like to collect, it only really makes up a few % of my total investments

Oh though its not a good investment longterm at this point I see nothing as a REAL long term solution.. you'll never see returns there were in the 80s/90s, theres really no SAFE place for money anymore...