UPS driver kills pedestrian

GenericUsername

Don’t think they would let us wash our cars even just the windshield before at or after start time
I have my own telescoping pole that attached a broom as well as a squeegee to wash my windshield. If it's dirty, I clean it. Simple as that. I did it with my center manager yelling at me to leave and not a care was given.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
What does the driver facing forward camera show? Let’s see the footage…after all that’s why the installed them correct?
😷✊
1706196033062.gif

Nah
"No citations against the driver at this time."

That's what catches my attention. You would think if the driver did anything wrong, as far as traffic laws are concerned, he'd be ticketed right away.

UPS doesn't care, of course. It's bad publicity. No matter what the facts turn out to be at the end they'll push hard for his termination.

The sad thing is this is fairly routine where I live. Not with UPS, but just in general. Every other month it's like we're reading of another pedestrian that got wiped out by a vehicle. When the dust settles, it's always the same story. Wearing dark clothing, after dark, crossing the road in the dark 50 ft or more from the nearest well lit intersection, almost always drunk, and usually a native.

Thebrownblob

That's what catches my attention. You would think if the driver did anything wrong, as far as traffic laws are concerned, he'd be ticketed right away.

UPS doesn't care, of course. It's bad publicity. No matter what the facts turn out to be at the end they'll push hard for his termination.

The sad thing is this is fairly routine where I live. Not with UPS, but just in general. Every other month it's like we're reading of another pedestrian that got wiped out by a vehicle. When the dust settles, it's always the same story. Wearing dark clothing, after dark, crossing the road in the dark 50 ft or more from the nearest well lit intersection, almost always drunk, and usually a native.
UPS does not care if you got a ticket especially if you hit a pedestrian. Depending on the fact of the case, he may get his job back or he may not.

PT Car Washer

Could be waiting for the toxicology report. Sure hope the driver has nothing to hide.