UPS driver kills pedestrian

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
You absolutely have the right to clean your windows inside and out (and mirrors) with supplies provided

by the company while on the clock. Period.... end of story. Or, you can refuse to take the vehicle on road.
Did it all the time. Brake lights and headlights also. I brought my own supplies because it was for my safety, and I could never find any in the building. Then every so often they would throw them out, not on msds.

badpal

I know one feeder driver and one pkg driver, that had people commit suicide by hitting them head-on.

They felt bad.... but there was nothing they could do without maybe killing themselves trying to avoid it.
And more and more each passing year the number of crazies walking the streets goes up. Heck and i live in rural area! How you guys driving in big cities with big homeless populations just wandering around handle it. Don't envy you.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
"No citations against the driver at this time."

That's what catches my attention. You would think if the driver did anything wrong, as far as traffic laws are concerned, he'd be ticketed right away.

UPS doesn't care, of course. It's bad publicity. No matter what the facts turn out to be at the end they'll push hard for his termination.

The sad thing is this is fairly routine where I live. Not with UPS, but just in general. Every other month it's like we're reading of another pedestrian that got wiped out by a vehicle. When the dust settles, it's always the same story. Wearing dark clothing, after dark, crossing the road in the dark 50 ft or more from the nearest well lit intersection, almost always drunk, and usually a native.
I’m surprised I haven’t heard anymore stories here since jaywalking is no longer deemed a ticket-able offense/crime.

Over70irregs

Maybe if we all worked as one unit towards the same goal it would be better? Like when us drivers leave the building 30 min late because we had to started the preload later because our “forecast” was off. That 30 min the drivers leave late costs the company a lot more than starting the preload earlier. But what do I know
They don’t care. Especially when no one gets refunds for late NDA and drivers skip breaks and drive/sort during lunchtime.