UPS driver kills pedestrian

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
We have grieved it before and one they do not bother us now if we want to clean our windows we used to have a cleaning crew do it years ago but that’s been gone for a long time
He's asking you if car washers can file a grievance when package car drivers wash their own windows, as if it was protected work for just car washers.

Nah
Possibly but we don’t include car wash with anything on the inside of the truck. They only fuel and run it through the car wash but of course we have over 300 trucks to move every night
Really? When I was in the car wash in the hub we had A/B/C washes. A was exterior, B was cab, and C was the cargo area. We were instructed to do 5 of each per night, and fuel everything.

We had 380 cars per night.

We had all sorts of goodies for getting the job done. Window spray. Spray Nine. Different types of paper towels. Etc

Thebrownblob

Really? When I was in the car wash in the hub we had A/B/C washes. A was exterior, B was cab, and C was the cargo area. We were instructed to do 5 of each per night, and fuel everything.

Yep we never had that here. We actually had a third-party company that cleaned the inside of the vehicles but they don’t have them anymore. Lol. Car wash is only full-time here 22.3

oldngray

nowhere special

They used to hose out the inside once a week and wash every day. Back when they cared how the trucks looked.

Nah
Lol they can code it to Jack off time for all I care. Just give me my money. 😂
I like to make a point. For example, when I was car wash, we all had our assigned boxlines to park. But directives were to never a move a truck that hasn't been unloaded. They had too many times a loaded truck was found at 4 am that friend'd over preload.

My unloader was a lazy POS that acted like a spider or something. He sat in one spot for an hour, then another for two hours, etc.. Then he clocked out at 10pm on the dot. Leaving me unable to work. My stewards said it's not my job, and I should just make myself discreet until those trucks are unloaded. But I couldn't do that. I came to work, and sitting around makes for a very long day.

So I started unloading them. Irregs, hazmats, everything went onto the belt. And I went into my timecard, changed my center code to the hub primary, and my paycode to unloader. I know I shut down the primary at least twice with paint or other items that spilled.

Finally the hub supervisor comes out and yells at me, but not AT me, you know what I mean? He's like "hey, I'm the supervisor over there. We're aware of the issue with this unloader and I just wanted to let you know we're working on it. I appreciate the fact that you've started unloading these cars, but to be honest it's not your :censored2:ing job. I just wanted to let you know the problem will be resolved soon. Good night."

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I like to make a point. For example, when I was car wash, we all had our assigned boxlines to park. But directives were to never a move a truck that hasn't been unloaded. They had too many times a loaded truck was found at 4 am that friend'd over preload.

My unloader was a lazy POS that acted like a spider or something. He sat in one spot for an hour, then another for two hours, etc.. Then he clocked out at 10pm on the dot. Leaving me unable to work. My stewards said it's not my job, and I should just make myself discreet until those trucks are unloaded. But I couldn't do that. I came to work, and sitting around makes for a very long day.

So I started unloading them. Irregs, hazmats, everything went onto the belt. And I went into my timecard, changed my center code to the hub primary, and my paycode to unloader. I know I shut down the primary at least twice with paint or other items that spilled.

Finally the hub supervisor comes out and yells at me, but not AT me, you know what I mean? He's like "hey, I'm the supervisor over there. We're aware of the issue with this unloader and I just wanted to let you know we're working on it. I appreciate the fact that you've started unloading these cars, but to be honest it's not your :censored2:ing job. I just wanted to let you know the problem will be resolved soon. Good night."
Never had that problem

Brown Down

We had a fatality accident along time ago, and the driver got his job back, but quit because he could not do the job anymore because of his nerves.
I can believe that. I was a witness and helped in a very bad car wreck that was ruled suicide by vehicle. Took me a long time to be able to drive by that spot without getting anxious. I couldn't imagine being involved.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
That reminded me something. The other day, I saw a guy with a walking stick walked on the road facing traffic. There are 3 lanes and he walked on the inner most lane facing traffic. Cars had to slow down to avoid him. His reason? Snow-covered sidewalk.

He is in the wrong because he can't do that. I don't care if he has a walking stick or missing one leg for that matter! If you can't find transportation and don't want to walk on the snow-covered sidewalk, stay home!
Maybe the sidewalk should be cleared too. And if pigs had wings they would fly.