UPS driver kills pedestrian

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
I know some of the FT car washers resent the fact that I have a higher hourly rate then them.
xlscKeq.gif

yadadamean116

Driver had solid green light. Pedestrian was running across during a “Do Not Cross” sign while talking on the phone. Misty foggy and night time. Driver seen him and slammed on his horn and brakes

PT Car Washer

Driver had solid green light. Pedestrian was running across during a “Do Not Cross” sign while talking on the phone. Misty foggy and night time. Driver seen him and slammed on his horn and brakes
Wouldn't matter if the delivery driver had drugs or alcohol in his system. He would still be considered liable.

DOK

I have my own telescoping pole that attached a broom as well as a squeegee to wash my windshield. If it's dirty, I clean it. Simple as that. I did it with my center manager yelling at me to leave and not a care was given.
We do our own as well, they don’t care when we leave, they just go in and change our leave building time anyways

oldngray

nowhere special
Crazy to think they would do that, who cares, it costs the company the same
Each department of UPS is run like a company within the company and has its own profit/loss their management is dependent on. Just shuffling numbers around within UPS so yeah, nothing you should care about.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I knew a driver that had this happen to him. It is an incredible load. I wouldn’t put on anyone. I pray for everyone involved.

I know one feeder driver and one pkg driver, that had people commit suicide by hitting them head-on.

They felt bad.... but there was nothing they could do without maybe killing themselves trying to avoid it.

oldngray

nowhere special
I know one feeder driver and one pkg driver, that had people commit suicide by hitting them head-on.

They felt bad.... but there was nothing they could do without maybe killing themselves trying to avoid it.
More common for people to try to get hit by UPS (but not killed) for the $$$$

Over70irregs

Yes had one that was intentional/accident. That guy is retired now.

DOK

Each department of UPS is run like a company within the company and has its own profit/loss their management is dependent on. Just shuffling numbers around within UPS so yeah, nothing you should care about.
Maybe if we all worked as one unit towards the same goal it would be better? Like when us drivers leave the building 30 min late because we had to started the preload later because our “forecast” was off. That 30 min the drivers leave late costs the company a lot more than starting the preload earlier. But what do I know