UPS Driver Responds to the Haters

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Lol, the other carriers are foaming at the mouth for a strike as an excuse to raise shipping rates.

Zowert

Love the comments!
Yeah there are over a thousand comments now. We are getting a lot of love but there are some people that have the “I’m getting ripped off so everyone else should be too.” Saw a comment from a guy that said, “I’m not even making $42 an hour and I manage over 400 employees in IT! Those guys shouldn’t be getting paid that much just to deliver packages!”

It’s also kind of sad how many working class people will side with wealthy corporations over their peers.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
Yeah there are over a thousand comments now. We are getting a lot of love but there are some people that have the “I’m getting ripped off so everyone else should be too.” Saw a comment from a guy that said, “I’m not even making $42 an hour and I manage over 400 employees in IT! Those guys shouldn’t be getting paid that much just to deliver packages!”

It’s also kind of sad how many working class people will side with wealthy corporations over their peers.

No point of explaining it. Even as a part timer. Random people will say oh it must be easy working those hours. Sure thing bud let me throw you in a blown out trailer or try unloading a trailer full of weights in 90 plus degree weather. The average person couldn’t hack it at ups guaranteed. Even our worst employee would move faster than the average non ups person.

I GOT ONE MORE

I think regular folks are slightly appalled. They don't have a clue how hard we work.
But in the end, we deliver packages driving a package car....long hours, hard labor.
It's what you signed up for and deep down.....enjoy it, some.

$42/hr ..... 40 hr week.......
plus 5-10hours of OT.....
Do the math, I'll wait.

That's what I worked, regularly.
Toss in premium medical and a pension......and

You guys and girls are absolute fools to strike, but it's ok.
I got my Aug4 puts in play.
Now, make me pay and avoid a strike.

Up In Smoke

I think regular folks are slightly appalled. They don't have a clue how hard we work.
But in the end, we deliver packages driving a package car....long hours, hard labor.
It's what you signed up for and deep down.....enjoy it, some.

$42/hr ..... 40 hr week.......
plus 5-10hours of OT.....
Do the math, I'll wait.

That's what I worked, regularly.
Toss in premium medical and a pension......and

You guys and girls are absolute fools to strike, but it's ok.
I got my Aug4 puts in play.
Now, make me pay and avoid a strike.
I'm intrigued, what did you buy and what did you pay?

I GOT ONE MORE

I'm intrigued, what did you buy and what did you pay?
IMG_1386.jpeg

I GOT ONE MORE

!!
Better luck, next time.
You can always buy after negotiations are settled, and recoup your money.
Or I can simply close my position to limit losses. Right now sitting on $188 loss.
Or I can let it ride, because OBrien will likely still screw this up.
I'm fine with no strike, I actually like the company and you all keep working.
Problem is, and I've seen it a lot.....many of you just don't realize what you got, til it's gone.
Probably better you stick with delivering boxes instead figuring out the markets.

Zowert

"Zero skill"

I'd like to see them try it.
Most people can’t even hack being a driver helper. Going out on your own, doing all the driving, lifting and climbing stairs in the scorching heat while managing your time to cover pick ups between deliveries. There is a reason all the people who say we are overpaid aren’t applying for the job.

I GOT ONE MORE

Looks like UPS has caved and is asking for negotiations to resume next week.
"Caved" probably was the term OBrien used. The title said "bowed".

Neither is a term a negotiator uses.

Agreed, continue, return to the table.......are better terms.

Again Obrien is a militant.....he probably thinks "I got 'em now"
It aint over.

anonymous23456

IGotta,

I saw this on the internet. Do you have advice? LOL. :lol:

and I quoted:

"
Risky ask here.

He delivers to my work pretty much everyday. He usually is very professional about his work, he would come in and drop off then leaves. Not even making any time for small talks. I am generally a very friendly guy so sometimes I would bring in some extra donuts for work or some extra Gatorade and offer them to the UPS guy. He always smile at me warmly after taking one.

He knows me by my name because sometimes I would get packages and he would give them to me directly.

Sometimes some packages don’t have an address and he would beeline directly to me to find out if it should be delivered here or not.

At first, I wasn’t thinking much about it but now maybe I am reading too much that isn’t even there. Anyway, I’d like to ask him out. The thing is that we are both guys. I don’t want him to be weirded out too much that a guy is hitting on him and switch routes."

Last edited: