UPS Driver Responds to the Haters

PT Car Washer

Does your labor manager tell you you’re an idiot? I might actually like him if he does. 😂
Am I somehow wrong that there’s a number of full-time 22.3 jobs the company has to create? As of yet I have heard nothing in the new contract that says they’re trying to create more. I hope I’m wrong.
Another personal attack?

PT Car Washer

What does the 22.3 have to do with him driving ground outside of the contractual language? Bitter and jealous lol? Nope, unlike you my job is to make sure people who work here get exactly what they’re supposed to get even if it’s another union member screwing others. This union isn’t made for just one person it’s made for everyone. One person benefiting outside of contractual language is not acceptable. You sound childish. Read your contract and learn it and don’t just follow the parts you like. A strong contract is only as strong as the members who enforce it.
Your job is deliver packages and work as directed.

PT Car Washer

In other words, I gave you the ultimate rebuttal you’re just not intelligent enough to understand. No need to go in circles with you. Have a pleasant evening. Should be an interesting week.
He doesn't have a rebuttal other then I got mine and the Hell with anyone else. I have seen his kind for most of my career. Say they work for the members but are only looking out for themselves.

Manifesto

Thank you for at least saying you see my point, I appreciate that
I see your point here as well. I'm not on the list right now but we're not abused at my center at this time. I'd be just fine if they gave everybody 8 hours every day and put more routes in and hired more drivers. They just aren't going to do it unfortunately.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The only solution is to create incentive for the company to WANT to create more full time jobs, which would be to increase the pay for part time work, so it is cheaper to pay 1 full time guy to do the work instead of 2 part timers
No they'd rather have a company yes man like ptcarwasher ready on call whose hours they can cut when it's slow.

oldngray

nowhere special
A friend of mine asked me this. What is red circle?
Red circled is when you were already making a higher wage rate before they got reduced. Such as part timers before the split rates. I was red circled when I was part time and made the same hourly rate as drivers. Just worked fewer hours.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Red circled is when you were already making a higher wage rate before they got reduced. Such as part timers before the split rates. I was red circled when I was part time and made the same hourly rate as drivers. Just worked fewer hours.

Everybody who was hired in before 1982…

I don't hate drivers. I'm not even sure if they're overpaid. UPS doesn't pay them that much out of the kindness of its heart. And if drivers have to work as much overtime as they say, then UPS appears to have a shortage of drivers - unless it just likes to squeeze as much work out of them as it can.

However, it's no secret that drivers get 90% of the union's support. Full-timers get 9%, and part-timers are lucky to get 1%. My anger is directed at the Teamsters more than the drivers.

At the same time, I feel some anger and frustration towards all UPS employees. It's a caste system, and most employees are absolutely clueless politically. A big percentage are union whores as well. It's pretty much a lost cause; solidarity, my ass.