UPS Driver Responds to the Haters

Nah
Most people can’t even hack being a driver helper. Going out on your own, doing all the driving, lifting and climbing stairs in the scorching heat while managing your time to cover pick ups between deliveries. There is a reason all the people who say we are overpaid aren’t applying for the job.
Managing time and planning are big. I still see 2-3 year drivers I recognize running through my neighborhood...run a stop off, drive 20 feet, and do it again. A decent driver would recognize addresses 1-2 houses apart and knock them out at once. Twofers, threefers, etc. Really helps out a lot.

But again, I see experienced drivers doing stupid :censored2: like that all the time.

That goes without even mentioning the time management and sorting/searching the :censored2: preload in back.

Up In Smoke

Buying puts without owning the underlying asset is fine, but he was investigating on one outcome. After the stock dropped yesterday, there was an opportunity to collar his positions.

Commercial Inside Release

Probably better you stick with delivering boxes instead figuring out the markets.
Gee, I offered a way you could recoupe your money, and maybe even profit. UPS is sitting on a glowing earnings report, and (we'll call them extra informed speculators) are jumping in as negotiations recommense.

You will be sitting pretty with a buy, and have something to show by November at the latest. Maybe wait a day or two.

There's more than one way to skin a cat.

Thebrownblob

Or I can simply close my position to limit losses. Right now sitting on $188 loss.
Or I can let it ride, because OBrien will likely still screw this up.
I'm fine with no strike, I actually like the company and you all keep working.
Problem is, and I've seen it a lot.....many of you just don't realize what you got, til it's gone.
Probably better you stick with delivering boxes instead figuring out the markets.
Aren’t you the :censored2: Who said we shouldn’t be negotiating like this? Why don’t you sit down and shut up because now you look like a complete idiot that you always have been. Maybe you’re just too stupid to understand how contract negotiations are supposed to work. My guess is you probably won’t shut up and you’ll continue to put your foot in your mouth and then pretend like you know what you’re talking about and that this is exactly what you thought would happen L O L. My god if only everyone was as smart as you.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Or I can simply close my position to limit losses. Right now sitting on $188 loss.
Or I can let it ride, because OBrien will likely still screw this up.
I'm fine with no strike, I actually like the company and you all keep working.
Problem is, and I've seen it a lot.....many of you just don't realize what you got, til it's gone.
Or you could simply STFU. Hack.

I GOT ONE MORE

You don't need cover, I was just inquiring.
I have 3 long positions, I’ve had for a long time.
They have a low beta, so not much price movement.

Today, I SOLD calls on them.
I get the premium, it’s mine to keep no matter what.
Downside, I lose the shares (called away) if the stock closes above my strike, usually on expiration day.
The strike is above my cost basis and I’ve sold so many of these “covered” calls, I don’t care if they get called from me.

I’m in the green on ‘em, by a long shot.

I got
1600 shares of A
2000 share of B and
8000 shares of C

So I sold
16 contracts
20 and

Clear 4 figures every month.

I GOT ONE MORE

Aren’t you the :censored2: Who said we shouldn’t be negotiating like this? Why don’t you sit down and shut up because now you look like a complete idiot that you always have been. Maybe you’re just too stupid to understand how contract negotiations are supposed to work. My guess is you probably won’t shut up and you’ll continue to put your foot in your mouth and then pretend like you know what you’re talking about and that this is exactly what you thought would happen L O L. My god if only everyone was as smart as you.
So true, perhaps you should just ignore me.
You could become another “Just a UPS guy”
That guy could be your bro, small runs in the family.

I GOT ONE MORE

Gee, I offered a way you could recoupe your money, and maybe even profit. UPS is sitting on a glowing earnings report, and (we'll call them extra informed speculators) are jumping in as negotiations recommense.

You will be sitting pretty with a buy, and have something to show by November at the latest. Maybe wait a day or two.

There's more than one way to skin a cat.
Fair enough, you seemed hostile.
My apologies.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
IGotta,

I saw this on the internet. Do you have advice? LOL. :lol:

and I quoted:

"
Risky ask here.

He delivers to my work pretty much everyday. He usually is very professional about his work, he would come in and drop off then leaves. Not even making any time for small talks. I am generally a very friendly guy so sometimes I would bring in some extra donuts for work or some extra Gatorade and offer them to the UPS guy. He always smile at me warmly after taking one.

He knows me by my name because sometimes I would get packages and he would give them to me directly.

Sometimes some packages don’t have an address and he would beeline directly to me to find out if it should be delivered here or not.

At first, I wasn’t thinking much about it but now maybe I am reading too much that isn’t even there. Anyway, I’d like to ask him out. The thing is that we are both guys. I don’t want him to be weirded out too much that a guy is hitting on him and switch routes."

I don’t get it: please explain why you would post idiotic stuff like that.

Who were you directing that to by the way?

Once we settle this Contract you just might want to work on your resume…

Carol will now have a better excuse For more Transformations…

:kickedoutsmile:

UnionStrong

I don’t get it: please explain why you would post idiotic stuff like that.

Who were you directing that to by the way?

Once we settle this Contract you just might want to work on your resume…

Carol will now have a better excuse For more Transformations…

:kickedoutsmile:
He’s an idiot so….

Thebrownblob

So true, perhaps you should just ignore me.
You could become another “Just a UPS guy”
That guy could be your bro, small runs in the family.
Do you realize how much of an idiot you look like? You’ve been fear mongering for like two or three weeks and now you’re saying hey this is exactly what you expected and wanted, your brain is small and so is your heart. If you were in charge of anything here we would be making FedEx wages, no healthcare, no pension and you’ll be telling people just be happy You have a job. You should be grateful that people negotiated for you because you’re too much of a coward to do it for yourself. You would’ve screwed yourself. And @Just A UPS Guy is definitely my brother in arms. Would be proud to have someone who is not a coward stand in solidarity with me.

UnionStrong

Do you realize how much of an idiot you look like? You’ve been fear mongering for like two or three weeks and now you’re saying hey this is exactly what you expected and wanted, your brain is small and so is your heart. If you were in charge of anything here we would be making FedEx wages, no healthcare, no pension and you’ll be telling people just be happy You have a job. You should be grateful that people negotiated for you because you’re too much of a coward to do it for yourself. You would’ve screwed yourself. And @Just A UPS Guy is definitely my brother in arms. Would be proud to have someone who is not a coward stand in solidarity with me.
Tell em’ Papi!