UPS Driver Responds to the Haters

Thebrownblob

So what’s the difference to you though? I thought this was about taking away full time jobs? How is me doubling as much as possible not taking away a 22.3 job? That’s a full time job.
Once again, you are clueless about contractual language, naturally, I agree there’s plenty of work for more full-time jobs, but the company is only obligated to give so many contractually. Do you understand that or do we have to keep going over this with you again you do not want to learn you want to argue stupid points that make no sense. Thankfully unlike the 22.3 position full-time driving jobs don’t have a maximum number.

PT Car Washer

Once again, you are clueless about contractual language, naturally, I agree there’s plenty of work for more full-time jobs, but the company is only obligated to give so many contractually. Do you understand that or do we have to keep going over this with you again you do not want to learn you want to argue stupid points that make no sense.
You sound just like our Labor manager.

Thebrownblob

You sound just like our Labor manager.
Does your labor manager tell you you’re an idiot? I might actually like him if he does. 😂
Am I somehow wrong that there’s a number of full-time 22.3 jobs the company has to create? As of yet I have heard nothing in the new contract that says they’re trying to create more. I hope I’m wrong.

HarryWarden

Once again, you are clueless about contractual language, naturally, I agree there’s plenty of work for more full-time jobs, but the company is only obligated to give so many contractually. Do you understand that or do we have to keep going over this with you again you do not want to learn you want to argue stupid points that make no sense.
“I agree there’s plenty of work for more full-time jobs, but the company is only obligated to give so many contractually”

Exactly! So like I said, if there wasn’t such a massive pay gap between part time workers and full timers, the company would WANT to create more full time jobs because it would cost them less money

You’re getting mad at a union worker for doing work and making money instead of focusing on the company not creating the full time job. He’s not management, it’s not his job to worry about what’s an emergency or how many full time jobs are created. He’s doing his job and making money. It almost sounds like you’re bitter and jealous that he’s making good money with the option of being part time if he wants to

Thebrownblob

“I agree there’s plenty of work for more full-time jobs, but the company is only obligated to give so many contractually”

Exactly! So like I said, if there wasn’t such a massive pay gap between part time workers and full timers, the company would WANT to create more full time jobs because it would cost them less money

You’re getting mad at a union worker for doing work and making money instead of focusing on the company not creating the full time job. He’s not management, it’s not his job to worry about what’s an emergency or how many full time jobs are created. He’s doing his job and making money. It almost sounds like you’re bitter and jealous that he’s making good money with the option of being part time if he wants to
What does the 22.3 have to do with him driving ground outside of the contractual language? Bitter and jealous lol? Nope, unlike you my job is to make sure people who work here get exactly what they’re supposed to get even if it’s another union member screwing others. This union isn’t made for just one person it’s made for everyone. One person benefiting outside of contractual language is not acceptable. You sound childish. Read your contract and learn it and don’t just follow the parts you like. A strong contract is only as strong as the members who enforce it.

HarryWarden

What does the 22.3 have to do with him driving ground outside of the contractual language? Bitter and jealous lol? Nope, unlike you my job is to make sure people who work here get exactly what they’re supposed to get even if it’s another union member screwing others. This union isn’t made for just one person it’s made for everyone. One person benefiting outside of contractual language is not acceptable. You sound childish. Read your contract and learn it and don’t just follow the parts you like. A strong contract is only as strong as the members who enforce it.
Why do you keep ignoring my point about me doubling taking away from a 22.3 loader/unloader job? You say there’s a contractually obliged amount, but is that not the same as the driver?

If your concern is taking away full time jobs, then me doubling is also taking away from that 22.3 job.

Thebrownblob

Why do you keep ignoring my point about me doubling taking away from a 22.3 loader/unloader job? You say there’s a contractually obliged amount, but is that not the same as the driver?

If your concern is taking away full time jobs, then me doubling is also taking away from that 22.3 job.
Because it’s not a point? 22.3 has a contractually obligated number of jobs per year again do you read the damn contract? If not stop talking because you’re looking more and more stupid and I’m tired of dealing with your ignorance and arrogance. The company doesn’t give a damn about how much they pay those jobs per hour. It’s about the benefits and the pension that’s why they won’t create more than their forced to.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Because it’s not a point? 22.3 has a contractually obligated number of jobs per year again do you read the damn contract? If not stop talking because you’re looking more and more stupid and I’m tired of dealing with your ignorance and arrogance.
He sounds stupid…..

HarryWarden

. The company doesn’t give a damn about how much they pay those jobs per hour. It’s about the benefits and the pension that’s why they won’t create more than their forced to.
oh really? And what is the issue in the new contract that the company is digging their heels in over?

Part time pay, that’s right… weird because you say they don’t care how much they pay those jobs

Thebrownblob

oh really? And what is the issue in the new contract that the company is digging their heels in over?

Part time pay, that’s right… weird because you say they don’t care how much they pay those jobs
There’s approximately 15,000 22.3 jobs. And over 100,000 part time jobs. The companies not worried about paying those 15,000 jobs more money they’re more worried about making more full-time jobs because of the pension. Which to circle back to our point is exactly what your buddy is helping the company avoid paying, another family a full-time pension, are you proud of yourself now?

HarryWarden

There’s approximately 15,000 22.3 jobs. And over 100,000 part time jobs. The companies not worried about paying those 15,000 jobs more money they’re more worried about making more full-time jobs because of the pension. Which to circle back to our point is exactly what your buddy is helping the company avoid paying, another family a full-time pension, are you proud of yourself now?
Who said anything about paying 22.3 more? I said if there wasn’t such a massive gap between part time and full time work, the company would want to create more 22.3 because it would cost them less to have 1 full timer vs 2 part timers for the same job, regardless of the pension

Thebrownblob

Who said anything about paying 22.3 more? I said if there wasn’t such a massive gap between part time and full time work, the company would want to create more 22.3 because it would cost them less to have 1 full timer vs 2 part timers for the same job, regardless of the pension
Well, that is why I would tell you you’re a complete, clueless knucklehead. And it’s exactly the reason why we’re done talking here.