UPS encourages management to read on Brown Cafe?

bill blutnach

This is from a post in 2007 and it would seem perceptions have changed.

I can most assured you, this site is not given out by UPS management as a recommended resource.
Too many management came on here and expressed their displeasure and issues within the company. It appears that UPS Upper management is discouraging management people from posting on here and especially in the IS organization.

Not only is it recommended , but ups is now teaching courses to management on how to behave responsibly on social media sites.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Where I am, most mid and upper management are afraid to say something (anything) that would draw attention to them unless it's pointless rhetoric that came down from above. It's pathetic how people whisper their displeasure in private settings, but at work, just fall in line and pretend everything is perfect and everyone is happy. "Managed by the Owners" flew out the window back in the 1990's.

oldstagg

Too much negativity and dissent.

even the responses to this question are negative. company wants to control commentary. some of my management friends have received social media training and been encouraged to come here and spin positive.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
even the responses to this question are negative. company wants to control commentary. some of my management friends have received social media training and been encouraged to come here and spin positive.
These people are quickly spotted and ran off, hell, anyone speaking positive about the company gets flack no matter how true their statements may be.