UPS Freight pulling ground pkgs

STLFeeder

Need LS7 powered PKG car
Why, and why is the unions stance on it, it's ok, their teamsters too. Were loosing feeder jobs left and right and being told volumes down. Volume down my ass, the company is just diverting it using cheaper labor.

sppollock

We in the freight division are being told not to take your packages, I am always telling our customers that we cannot take the packages because we don't go to the same terminal, and we are still considered two different companies.

STLFeeder

Need LS7 powered PKG car
In the St Louis area we have had freight drivers show us ground pkgs on their trailers. They have told us they are even picking up our trailers at the railyard in kansas city and taking them east to Louisville.

sppollock

That shouldn't be happening. Have you talked to your local? I know that we are not allowed or even asked to pick up package trailers from the rail, heck we have more than enough of our own rail trailers to pick up.

brown_trousers

Yep. Local's stance is that the freight guys are teamsters also do just be happy it's not a nonunion carrier.

uummmm... there are hundreds of different businesses that are organized as teamsters. That doesn't mean we want them stealing our work. Sorry, but that argument will put us all out of a job.

local804

You want to file a complaint on UPS employees pulling UPS packages?

Where would the line be drawn in the sand? Supervisors are employees also, correct? I think its bad enough that frieght has all the hundred weight from package and that service no longer is available through us.UPS keeps showing numbers how volume is down, and rightfully so it might be down but a lot of work is being diverted. If frieght can pull package loads could our feeder drivers pull freight boxes then???? the answer is no. UPS can not sub contract work out to save over time or any other work that is currently done by UPS employees in that local.

btw, is this the only thing the police do by you cats?
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/44376418#44376418

menotyou

bella amicizia
UPS Freight is doing UPS Package work. UPS decided we are two different companies, therefore UPS freight can NOT do UPS Package work. If I see this and can provide details, I would file a complaint.

705red

Browncafe Steward
UPS is offering our service at cheaper rates and allowing UPS Freight to move the work between buildings at cheaper labor costs compared to our Feeder drivers. The International has allowed this to happen along with Surepost and other scab outfits drop shipping our work. Remember this when your ballot comes in the mail.

cino321

UPS is offering our service at cheaper rates and allowing UPS Freight to move the work between buildings at cheaper labor costs compared to our Feeder drivers. The International has allowed this to happen along with Surepost and other scab outfits drop shipping our work. Remember this when your ballot comes in the mail.

Amen.

krash

Go big orange
Why do you think they are converting the Freight tractors to brown--to save money on paint?
Brother, is it a darker brown?
I was headed back Saturday morning and spotted a tractor on the other side of the wall that looked a darker brown pulling a set. The front was a UPS trailer and the back was a freight trailer. Now keep in mind it wasn't daylight yet and we do have some route trailers that use to be freight pups. But it diffidently caught my eye.
Now I have a big problem loosing work even if it is a division of UPS. But it irks me even more to see these shiny wheels hitting our yard. We can do the work! Think about how many runs we could gain by changing the language on that. Come peak season those scab drivers will be all over the yard taking our runs while our drivers are stuck doing local work like moving equipment from one lot to another then being sent home as soon as they get close to 8.