UPS hiring at $18.00 an hour

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy
Please expound.
After posting remembered they fixed most of this in the last contract. The only difference now may be 20 copay for FT and 10 for PT.
Prior to the updates PT had the lower copay, dental, prescription, disability and life insurance that were better. Under the company plan before moving to Teamcare the PT healthcare was even better.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Its a local thing. You’re dead wrong. There’s a difference between FT and PT insurance. Here’s an idea! Prove me wrong!
The burden of proof is on the one making stupid claims.
Can you show me one solid example of the differences between insurances at your local. Along with any way to verify it.

I repeat PTers and FTers are on different insurance. In this hub you must work 150 hours on average for plus insurance, which is FT. Under 150 hours on average you get the basic plan, which is for PTers. Very simple. Once you break 150 hours you can become eligible for plus insurance. Once you go under 150, you lose plus and go back to basic.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I repeat PTers and FTers are on different insurance. In this hub you must work 150 hours on average for plus insurance, which is FT. Under 150 hours on average you get the basic plan, which is for PTers. Very simple. Once you break 150 hours you can become eligible for plus insurance. Once you go under 150, you lose plus and go back to basic.

What Local ?

That's easy to verify.

CoolStoryBro

$3.00+ an hour and no union dues is worth more than 20 hrs vaca. You can buy a nice healthcare package for $60 a month. Do you have proof they don’t get that?

Last I checked, UPS paid in the neighborhood of $1750 per month for my health care package. And UPS also pays about $9 an hour into the pension trust fund (up to 2080 hours a year).

Why don't you quit and get rehired at the higher rate?

Karma...

most young people do not need benefits...only money in their pockets...they are covered by their parents.......money talks...benefits walk..........the young part-timers have always subsidized the full-timers......

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
UPS has made a mockery of the Teamsters. UPS is paying $18.00 an hour for fresh off the street loaders. The Teamsters couldn’t even get loaders $15.00 an hour on last contract. Embarrassing! Now let the finger pointing begin.
The free market in action.

PT Car Washer

most young people do not need benefits...only money in their pockets...they are covered by their parents.......money talks...benefits walk..........the young part-timers have always subsidized the full-timers......
At one time FT and PT had similar wages. A Union demand to protect FT jobs.