UPS hiring at $18.00 an hour

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
The union would love to have higher starting wages.

But you ignored his point.

Look out into the parking lot next time you go to work. You'll see a ton of nice cars and trucks. You'll see a glimpse into the lifestyle creep that affects a lot of drivers.

Are these guys (and gals) going to strike to get their preloader an extra dollar or two an hour?
No.

They are not going to jeopardize their families and lifestyles for the sake of a bunch of part timers who have a hard time showing up to work anyway.

That's for the ones that are established.
Have you seen our seasonal hires?
How about (lol) the seasonal driver helpers?

Can you really blame the full timers for not wanting to stick their necks out to get them more money?

As much as we'd all like to be making $35+ an hour (I'm a part timer at $14.80, for the record), it isn't going to be a reality.
Those who want to make a living at UPS wait their turn, and go driving. The others leave.

There are hills to die on, and there are battles that aren't worth fighting.
Seasonals and part timers should not be the priority.

Ok I get what you’re saying. Would be nice if there was more solidarity all around. Jumping Jack has some kind of weird hate boner for the teamsters but he’s not wrong that it makes the union look bad when the company voluntarily pays more than the negotiated rate for a position.

Ok I get what you’re saying. Would be nice if there was more solidarity all around. Jumping Jack has some kind of weird hate boner for the teamsters but he’s not wrong that it makes the union look bad when the company voluntarily pays more than the negotiated rate for a position.
Makes the Union look bad when they negotiate minimum wage as the starting wage.

Eventually UPS will not negotiate with the package car drivers. It’s a talentless job, that requires no special license or a degree. Drivers are overpaid, the drivers brag about this on Brown Cafe. UPS needs to start drug testing drivers, even for marijuana. That will be the theme next contract. Package car drivers are over paid.
I actually went to school to be a pilot. Which is why I make more than you package car drivers.

Went to school to be a pilot and ended up a part-time belt sup in the Canadian tundra? Stand proud.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Eventually UPS will not negotiate with the package car drivers. It’s a talentless job, that requires no special license or a degree. Drivers are overpaid, the drivers brag about this on Brown Cafe. UPS needs to start drug testing drivers, even for marijuana. That will be the theme next contract. Package car drivers are over paid.
I actually went to school to be a pilot. Which is why I make more than you package car drivers.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
1FA81EE7-150B-4A1B-BF04-9DBA74FA8A23.gif

quad decade guy

You need to get your money back(school) cause you are still a liberal. Didn't learn nothin. Just an overpaid bus driver(you). You make what you make because of a Union. It's quite obvious, just about anyone can do your job. Look at aircraft accidents. High seniority multi thousand hour pilots killing thousands of folks. You know, pilots "who went to school to be a pilot..." Eventually you will be replaced by a computer. Rightfully so. Not that difficult. I'm a pilot and certified mechanic(A&P). Not that difficult. In the end, just because you are a pilot, CEO or anything in-between, doesn't mean you are good at it or even very bright. See above.

quad decade guy

I would agree to a $10/hr pay cut for daily 8hr routes (real ones) ,as well as 2 extra vacation weeks (still maxing out @ 7 weeks but after 15 years). I would gladly make $60k & have a life rather than 100k with no life.
What "life" are you talking about? You mean getting home at 17:30 vs. 19:30? We(my family) just adapted. My wife stayed at home(which the $100k allowed). I made the money/benefits, she raised the family. Would I take $40k less to do the same stressful job? No way.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You need to get your money back(school) cause you are still a liberal. Didn't learn nothin. Just an overpaid bus driver(you). You make what you make because of a Union. It's quite obvious, just about anyone can do your job. Look at aircraft accidents. High seniority multi thousand hour pilots killing thousands of folks. You know, pilots "who went to school to be a pilot..." Eventually you will be replaced by a computer. Rightfully so. Not that difficult. I'm a pilot and certified mechanic(A&P). Not that difficult. In the end, just because you are a pilot, CEO or anything in-between, doesn't mean you are good at it or even very bright. See above.
You insult his intelligence.....yet you haven’t figured out it’s a fake troll account.

Joe Biden keeps doubling down on raising the minimum wage to 15 when he is elected. Assuming he wins 18 an hour is only 3 above minimum wage-and ups is much harder than most entry level jobs.
Yes but there's entry-level jobs unlike UPS do not get a $0.70- $1.00 annual raise every year, nor do they have the health care nor do they have a pension and nowhere near that paid time off we do here