UPS hiring at $18.00 an hour

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
I want proof of businesses that offer no raises and no insurance. What other entry level job has one getting up at 2am?
Are you kidding. Many, many entry level jobs have odd hours, inconsistent raises and no insurance. Almost no part time jobs offer health insurance. At least UPS offers a fairly consistent schedule. Try working in restaurants, gas stations, grocery stores, fast food. They will have you waking up 8 hrs after the end of your last shift to go in and open. And then cut you just at the right time to avoid paying you OT.

Are you kidding. Many, many entry level jobs have odd hours, inconsistent raises and no insurance. Almost no part time jobs offer health insurance. At least UPS offers a fairly consistent schedule. Try working in restaurants, gas stations, grocery stores, fast food. They will have you waking up 8 hrs after the end of your last shift to go in and open. And then cut you just at the right time to avoid paying you OT.
None of those businesses have you getting up at 2am. Huge difference.

Up In Smoke

Local 344. Have at it.
The 344 has health and welfare coverage through the Milwaukee Drivers Health Fund for full time and the part time employees are on Teamcare. The company makes contributions to the fund at a rate of approximately $420.00 weekly with $20.00 increases each year of the contract. Humana is the current heath insurance carrier.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I want proof of businesses that offer no raises and no insurance. What other entry level job has one getting up at 2am?
Um...
First job I ever had was for a nursing home.
Got a dime raise, and had no benefits. Was making 8 dollars an hour.
None of those businesses have you getting up at 2am. Huge difference.
Same place had third shift for exact same pay still with no benefits.

Um...
First job I ever had was for a nursing home.
Got a dime raise, and had no benefits. Was making 8 dollars an hour.

Same place had third shift for exact same pay still with no benefits.
Don’t care about first job. Have no idea what year youre talking about. Every nursing I know offers insurance to its workers. You chose not to get it.
Third shift part timers at a nursing home? I doubt it.

Uh...that is just completely false. I listed those ones specifically because I have known someone who worked overnights or sunrise or have myself worked that shift at every one of those jobs.
You started work at a grocery store at 2am? A lot of you folks like to argue on here. I ask again if it’s such a great job, why is UPS always looking for help? It’s a revolving door with PTers. Many don’t become drivers.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Don’t care about first job. Have no idea what year youre talking about. Every nursing I know offers insurance to its workers. You chose not to get it.
Third shift part timers at a nursing home? I doubt it.
This would have been 5 years ago.
Still know people working there, and the conditions are the same.
Insurance was *NOT* provided. Trust me, I checked. You're wrong. Again.

And Lol. They have probably 25 third shift part time employees. Not sure what you're smoking.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
You started work at a grocery store at 2am? A lot of you folks like to argue on here. I ask again if it’s such a great job, why is UPS always looking for help? It’s a revolving door with PTers. Many don’t become drivers.
Do you think the produce trucks are magically already unloaded by 7 every morning? That shift starts at 4. All the donuts don’t take themselves out of the freezer into the oven. That shift starts at 5. Never mind the guys who work overnight stocking the non-perishables. That one started at 10 pm. UPS has a hard time keeping workers because the work is so much more physically demanding and repetitive than many other low-skilled jobs. I should point out that the turnover is high at other entry level jobs too but maybe slightly less than UPS because the work is less physical. I don’t disagree that a higher pay is needed but most other entry level jobs have an even worse compensation package.

Do you think the produce trucks are magically already unloaded by 7 every morning? That shift starts at 4. All the donuts don’t take themselves out of the freezer into the oven. That shift starts at 5. Never mind the guys who work overnight stocking the non-perishables. That one started at 10 pm. UPS has a hard time keeping workers because the work is so much more physically demanding and repetitive than many other low-skilled jobs. I should point out that the turnover is high at other entry level jobs too but maybe slightly less than UPS because the work is less physical. I don’t disagree that a higher pay is needed but most other entry level jobs have an even worse compensation package.
You keep confusing full time and part time jobs. When you have to write books you have no point.