UPS loses Costco account

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Bottom line is that these customers aren’t coming back…and I’m sorry but Joe Joe’s tackle shop out on Route 7 doesn’t count. Remember Cabella’s….I use to deliver a ton of their packages then they were bought by one of our old customers “Bass Pro Shop” and well we all know how that story ended. We don’t deliver their stuff anymore. What about Victoria’s Secret, lost them to FDX too. Yeah this is working out great for us ain’t it.

Bottom line is that these customers aren’t coming back…and I’m sorry but Joe Joe’s tackle shop out on Route 7 doesn’t count. Remember Cabella’s….I use to deliver a ton of their packages then they were bought by one of our old customers “Bass Pro Shop” and well we all know how that story ended. We don’t deliver their stuff anymore. What about Victoria’s Secret, lost them to FDX too. Yeah this is working out great for us ain’t it.
I sure do miss trying those Victoria's secret outfits on...

Overpaid Union Thug

The pandemic has prompted plenty of shippers to switch. Many struggled last year and, despite preferring UPS, couldn’t resist switching to the cheaper option. Many were supposed to be temporary but haven’t felt the need to switch back. Our service has been slacking in so many areas of the country so why pay more? And our sales dept has never been on point so….we’re pretty screwed. Especially with this CEO. Seems like her first move was to throw in the towel and cater to Amazon and focus the rest of our energy on higher profit accounts while the company’s overall footprint shrinks and reputation for service suffers.

The pandemic has prompted plenty of shippers to switch. Many struggled last year and, despite preferring UPS, couldn’t resist switching to the cheaper option. Many were supposed to be temporary but haven’t felt the need to switch back. Our service has been slacking in so many areas of the country so why pay more? And our sales dept has never been on point so….we’re pretty screwed. Especially with this CEO. Seems like her first move was to throw in the towel and cater to Amazon and focus the rest of our energy on higher profit accounts while the company’s overall footprint shrinks and reputation for service suffers.
We need to drop Amazon right freaking now

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
They got rid of Granger and I was probably almost 100% commercial stops
Partially correct. We used to pull around 8 loads from Grainger daily. I was asked to cover a TDP driver one day who was behind so I covered his Grainger. One load. FedEx however was everywhere in their yard.

Yeet

I think you're getting rid of big shippers with low profit margin so I have to spend money on expansion.
That makes sense but what doesn’t make sense is we have spent over 100 mil completely gutting and renovating my hub with automation technology. So we ARE paying for expansion but dumping big contracts anyway?

That makes sense but what doesn’t make sense is we have spent over 100 mil completely gutting and renovating my hub with automation technology. So we ARE paying for expansion but dumping big contracts anyway?
That happened in Columbus years ago they spent big money expanding the hub to accommodate Victoria's secrets and we lost that account

Yeet

That happened in Columbus years ago they spent big money expanding the hub to accommodate Victoria's secrets and we lost that account
Remember when we had the Hanes account? I was a pickoff back then and we used to get huge drops of Hanes coming down the belt every day. We called it the panty drop. Good times.

BrownSnowFlake

So many scenarios to choose from here.
The company may be focusing on future growth and do not want the system overloaded by big shippers that don't pay their fair share.

I guess only time will tell
UPS wants to do everything I can to get rid of the last mile delivery

We only make money on air. We're lucky to break even on ground and that's if Snuffy McLoader doesn't smash it to bits or put it on a truck going to the other side of the county.