UPS Management Complaining AGAIN.

twoweeled

Cannot be disciplined for telematic numbers.......who cares...next..............
I haven't been in package for many years, so I don't know anything about telematics. While you can't be disciplined for telematics, you can be for not working according to methods. I'm also fairly certain, that in the past you had to be observed by supervision. That has also been modified to include, other corroborating evidence (as I recall. I'm not betting my life on it). I'm remembering reading that and thinking, that is going to result in a lot of bad actions against drivers.

Ms.PacMan

How is 3 Points of Contact maintained exiting the drivers side?
Many Many things the company implements in the name of "Safety" are bogus, but 3 Points of Contact is IMO one of the best things implemented as it saves shock and wear on the knees,ankles and feet.
I refuse to exit drivers side
Even that's still bogus in older trucks. At 5'4" I could not hang onto the door rail and touch the ground.

In those safety booklets they had us do a couple yrs ago, under the 3 points of contact, there was a photo of a male driver exiting the pkg.car and a DRAWING of a female exiting the pkg.car.

I'm guessing a male or female would have to be 5'6" or taller on older vehicles to have 3 points of contact.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Even that's still bogus in older trucks. At 5'4" I could not hang onto the door rail and touch the ground.

In those safety booklets they had us do a couple yrs ago, under the 3 points of contact, there was a photo of a male driver exiting the pkg.car and a DRAWING of a female exiting the pkg.car.

I'm guessing a male or female would have to be 5'6" or taller on older vehicles to have 3 points of contact.
I'm 6'2" and I was in an old p1000 this week. I reached up for the hand rail and was like damn that's up there. No way a short person could reach that.

when telematics first got to my center management was calling guys in the office for guys stopping at gas stations before they started there Routes for coffee and asking why. Some guys would say setting my self up for my airs. Then management said how if your bulkhead door was closed!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I haven't been in package for many years, so I don't know anything about telematics. While you can't be disciplined for telematics, you can be for not working according to methods. I'm also fairly certain, that in the past you had to be observed by supervision. That has also been modified to include, other corroborating evidence (as I recall. I'm not betting my life on it). I'm remembering reading that and thinking, that is going to result in a lot of bad actions against drivers.
Well that's interesting ups and their trained mgt thought that the drivers were trained well enough in the methods to pass their 30 days and Be out on the road. It's like anything else they only care about methods if you get hurt or they want to prove a point...nobody is perfect so maybe it's time to step back in the ie cubicle and keep on stealing some more time from us... You guys do a damn good job at it.. Too bad it doesn't mean a damn thing

twoweeled

Well that's interesting ups and their trained mgt thought that the drivers were trained well enough in the methods to pass their 30 days and Be out on the road. It's like anything else they only care about methods if you get hurt or they want to prove a point...nobody is perfect so maybe it's time to step back in the ie cubicle and keep on stealing some more time from us... You guys do a damn good job at it.. Too bad it doesn't mean a damn thing
You seem to be exactly correct. They only care when it suits them. If your producing, you can do cartwheels on the way down the steps. They'll mention it when they ride with you, but they'll do nothing about it (so long as your producing). Injury, accident, below production, and now you'll be scrutinized on every incorrect action. Most of us know, there isn't anymore juice to squeeze out. Management in part, just rationalizes certain moves that can be used later on for discipline.
But right or wrong, management will use them for discipline (if your on the bad guy list).
Make no mistake.

twoweeled

when telematics first got to my center management was calling guys in the office for guys stopping at gas stations before they started there Routes for coffee and asking why. Some guys would say setting my self up for my airs. Then management said how if your bulkhead door was closed!
That sounds like a warning shot. lol

moldsporh

Is working in 120 to 140 degrees with no ventilation an OSHA violation?

Do you think they would raise a brow if you told them it was 140 deg?

You would be surprised, it would at least make it to a managers attention.

Many, many people don't realize this about our cargo area.

underworked1

It's much faster...lol another brainwashed cool aid drinker...it might be a few seconds faster and the 4 or 5 times it might happen throughout a day doesn't count for shiiiit in the real world but I'm sure in the wonderful world of ups that 30 seconds is able to make us do 3 extra stops and one letterbox... Joke
4 or 5 times....lol you don't have orion yet do you?

underworked1

True but look who you are dealing with here... Company who is willing to have a elderly person fall down and break a hip trying to pick up their medicine rather than you wAit 10 seconds for you to hand it to them....we all know these stories are hard to deal with but its just one more reason why corporations are POS
Our Job is front door delivery. 10 seconds a stop at 170 stops is Almost a half hour. Half hour at 34 an hour, for 80,000 drivers (pulled number out of my ass..but we have like 330,000 something employees) is 1.36 million a day..assuming everyone worked under 8 hours. Most of the time that extra time is time and a half. Which is 4.08 million a day. So you can see how it is important we don't dick around.

jaker

trolling
Do you think they would raise a brow if you told them it was 140 deg?

You would be surprised, it would at least make it to a managers attention.

Many, many people don't realize this about our cargo area.
And how many drivers we have over all the decades , if nothing hasn't been done by now it never well

Ups might make dumb rules , but they follow the ones that will hurt them