UPS Map Nav and Orion

GenericUsername

Not being forced at all. I just helped someone with 25 stops so he could get in under 9.5 (stupid dispatcher) and had to use the nav. It wasn't bad at all.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Wait till you get it, you’ll understand. We’ve had them here for two weeks, if you know where you’re going it’s just another step in the long line of BS reports they chase.
We have the maps. Haven't heard anything about using them or not but why wouldn't you use the charger?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
We have the maps. Haven't heard anything about using them or not but why wouldn't you use the charger?
It’s turn by turn that automatically comes on when you cradle it, no more scrolling through Edd when it’s in the cradle. It automatically starts up GPS (5 seconds each time) to the top stop or the one you bookmarked. If you’re like me and don’t follow Edd you have to bookmark each stop or the stop that shows up will be the one it generates directions for.

Here’s he kicker, there’s a report they use to make sure you’re using it, that every stop you go, you must ultilize the map directions, if not, it doesn’t count towards your 100% compliance which they have already brought people in the office for.

It gets even better, cradle the DIAD on the wrong stop, it takes 5 seconds to generate direction, uncradle it, takes 3ish to come out of “cant use the buttons mode” then you bookmark the right one, take another 5 seconds to load the turn by turn, then you drive to the stop, repeat the “wake up mode” of 3 seconds, scan and deliver.

All of this crap does absolutely nothing for anyone who knows the area they are delivering in, but one more step in your daily routine.

Did I mention that if your stop is two houses down, you are forced to generate directions for it? It’s especially fun when ORION has you running a neighborhood backwards.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It’s turn by turn that automatically comes on when you cradle it, no more scrolling through Edd when it’s in the cradle. It automatically starts up GPS (5 seconds each time) to the top stop or the one you bookmarked. If you’re like me and don’t follow Edd you have to bookmark each stop or the stop that shows up will be the one it generates directions for.

Here’s he kicker, there’s a report they use to make sure you’re using it, that every stop you go, you must ultilize the map directions, if not, it doesn’t count towards your 100% compliance which they have already brought people in the office for.

It gets even better, cradle the DIAD on the wrong stop, it takes 5 seconds to generate direction, uncradle it, takes 3ish to come out of “cant use the buttons mode” then you bookmark the right one, take another 5 seconds to load the turn by turn, then you drive to the stop, repeat the “wake up mode” of 3 seconds, scan and deliver.

All of this crap does absolutely nothing for anyone who knows the area they are delivering in, but one more step in your daily routine.

Did I mention that if your stop is two houses down, you are forced to generate directions for it? It’s especially fun when ORION has you running a neighborhood backwards.
That sounds glorious. Zero thinking on my part at all and lots of missed businesses. Lol

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
It's a waste of battery life. To each their own, but I will Google Map it on my own device b4 having to come to the center and borrow a DIAD to record my last stops cause my DIAD can now draw out location without turn by turn directions. A waste