UPS Map Nav and Orion

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Those little pins in the cradle? Bend a few. This way the diad won't charge forcing you to not to use the system. (Stick a delivery note into the cradle bottom.)

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Those little pins in the cradle? Bend a few. This way the diad won't charge forcing you to not to use the system. (Stick a delivery note into the cradle bottom.)
The charging function is actually great, the GPS, not so much. But in terms of your info notice idea, been doing that since GPS compliance has gone away. Depending on your truck and the mechanic who wires it, the cradle will charge with the truck off.

Another pro tip, there’s a locking mechanism on the sides that moves up and down. Engaging the lock while the DIAD is out and placing the DIAD in will provide enough clearance that the DIAD doesn’t make contact with the pins.

542thruNthru

The charging function is actually great, the GPS, not so much. But in terms of your info notice idea, been doing that since GPS compliance has gone away. Depending on your truck and the mechanic who wires it, the cradle will charge with the truck off.

Another pro tip, there’s a locking mechanism on the sides that moves up and down. Engaging the lock while the DIAD is out and placing the DIAD in will provide enough clearance that the DIAD doesn’t make contact with the pins.

So they are not making you use it 100% any more? Is there a % that you have to use it at all?

bumped

Do it for your cover driver. I get thrown out blind all the time and this thing has made my life so much easier. I hear it gets data from the drivers so if you use it, it will be more accurate for the swing drivers who need it.

I doubt this is true. The map navigation wants to get the houses on the other side of rivers. Apparently it thinks I can do a Dukes of Hazzard and jump the river. It also thinks a can get through on streets that are dead ends that lead to peoples driveways.

RedRvrDrvr

6C813E7C-15BC-41F0-9E5B-C1F5758B1213.jpeg
If we could get like an echo radar sound for when we are approaching our stop with no address in the dead of night and then simply ditch the map and keep the screen light off this would actually be a good update.

LeftRS1

One of those Millennials Drivers
During my last ride along, I used the mapnav feedback function every time we broke trace. On road asked why and I told him if the function is avaible I use it. Why would corporate allow me to do things if I wasn’t meant to. Fixed my Saturday route this way and adjusted a few split runs where Orion thought I needed to start at a dead end.