UPS Map Nav and Orion

Rack em

Made the Podium
Use neither
Go old school
Have a better life/day
Tried that, but then I realized that it isn't my job to fix corporate's mistakes. A few weeks back I had a ton of splits and my orion trace was horrible! I showed the dispatcher and asked to get orion turned off and got a simple "sorry we can't turn it off for people anymore" So I ran 100% orion trace and they sent 3 different drivers to help me at 18:30. If they want to force orion then they are going to get 100% orion and see how eff'd their system is.

I don't know what this new map nav feature is, but if they force us to use that too my sporh will hit an all time low. Using a map or turn by turn directions is an in cab distraction for one, and two it makes us drivers looks like morons. Most of us are morons, but now people will be able to tell and I'm not ok with that.

Tried that, but then I realized that it isn't my job to fix corporate's mistakes. A few weeks back I had a ton of splits and my orion trace was horrible! I showed the dispatcher and asked to get orion turned off and got a simple "sorry we can't turn it off for people anymore" So I ran 100% orion trace and they sent 3 different drivers to help me at 18:30. If they want to force orion then they are going to get 100% orion and see how eff'd their system is.

I don't know what this new map nav feature is, but if they force us to use that too my sporh will hit an all time low. Using a map or turn by turn directions is an in cab distraction for one, and two it makes us drivers looks like morons. Most of us are morons, but now people will be able to tell and I'm not ok with that.
I use Map/Nav if I am unsure where a certain street or address is. I don't always follow it's route if I know a quicker way. The shortest route is not always the fastest.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I use Map/Nav if I am unsure where a certain street or address is. I don't always follow it's route if I know a quicker way. The shortest route is not always the fastest.
We have about 2 feet of snow on the ground right now with tons of roads not anywhere near passable. I would love to bury a truck and have their navigation bs as an excuse :)

JL 0513

We have about 2 feet of snow on the ground right now with tons of roads not anywhere near passable. I would love to bury a truck and have their navigation bs as an excuse :)

If you've been a driver for any decent amount of time, you know that it's ALWAYS our fault. For example, if we get hit while parked, it's turned around on us in that we could've parked a little better.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I have been using the mapnav/gps for sometime now , I can honestly say it has made me dumber. I once was a sharp upser with a brilliant mind....now when the mapnav goes down my brain instantly shuts down..

Dr.Brownz

We have the maps. Haven't heard anything about using them or not but why wouldn't you use the charger?

It's fun to follow their bad directions. A route near mine gets cut a certain area off my route all the time where it's a long main road that has tons of dirt roads branching from it. Some of these roads connect (after climbing over literal mountains!) to other main roads. UPS's map navigation says to go over the mountains to save miles. Junior driver told me sup rode with him and told him that "(regular driver) says not to go this way but I want to check it out!" they drove 5 miles up a terrible road and came to gate a blocking the road "Private Road : Closed to Thru Traffic". I would have made the sup back it all the way down.

JL 0513

Pleased to see it updated this week. The address/business/consignee is now more clearly on top rather than the middle of the screen. I was always squinting before to see address # if I had forgotten.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
FA3D7812-3E0F-437B-B9BF-BA5988DD2A05.png

Ghost in the Darkness

My edd is always a mess. So its just another thing to overcome instead of the idiot dispatcher doing their job. I dont use bookmarks because I'm still running stops mixed in all over the dispatch. Just have to look it over on your walkback to find your next stop. If you don't want the map on or are getting annoyed with the beeping just find your next stop and go into details for that stop then cradle it... it won't load gps just times out like it used to.
I also put a small wire on the carrying strap hook so I can still use the belt clip instead of the bulky pouch. (I rip shirts and jackets by snagging on things in the truck, I don't need another bulky pouch to hang me up. I like to be streamlined.)

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
My edd is always a mess. So its just another thing to overcome instead of the idiot dispatcher doing their job. I dont use bookmarks because I'm still running stops mixed in all over the dispatch. Just have to look it over on your walkback to find your next stop. If you don't want the map on or are getting annoyed with the beeping just find your next stop and go into details for that stop then cradle it... it won't load gps just times out like it used to.
I also put a small wire on the carrying strap hook so I can still use the belt clip instead of the bulky pouch. (I rip shirts and jackets by snagging on things in the truck, I don't need another bulky pouch to hang me up. I like to be streamlined.)
Just put the board in your back pocket.