UPS Map Nav and Orion

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
they fixed it!
F01D0724-79AC-4B0C-B115-40EFF87C2827.jpeg

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Those cradles are a waste of time and money, they don't hold up in the field.... so many write ups

We can't order cradles.. there is a whole process where its sent out and it's not automotive that does it.
My cradle is also scratching my Diad scanner lens. So I have to do find barcode on half the packages

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I was driving along today and I swear I heard a voice come out of my diad cradle...it sounded like “ hello , can you hear me?” ...DON’T TRUST THE CRADLE

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
It’s turn by turn that automatically comes on when you cradle it, no more scrolling through Edd when it’s in the cradle. It automatically starts up GPS (5 seconds each time) to the top stop or the one you bookmarked. If you’re like me and don’t follow Edd you have to bookmark each stop or the stop that shows up will be the one it generates directions for.

Here’s he kicker, there’s a report they use to make sure you’re using it, that every stop you go, you must ultilize the map directions, if not, it doesn’t count towards your 100% compliance which they have already brought people in the office for.

It gets even better, cradle the DIAD on the wrong stop, it takes 5 seconds to generate direction, uncradle it, takes 3ish to come out of “cant use the buttons mode” then you bookmark the right one, take another 5 seconds to load the turn by turn, then you drive to the stop, repeat the “wake up mode” of 3 seconds, scan and deliver.

All of this crap does absolutely nothing for anyone who knows the area they are delivering in, but one more step in your daily routine.

Did I mention that if your stop is two houses down, you are forced to generate directions for it? It’s especially fun when ORION has you running a neighborhood backwards.

Yeah. But, it didn't slide all the way in. Not my problem. Orion is getting worse by the day

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I started using mine the other day. It's not easy getting the DIAD out of the grade. Definitely takes two hands. Hopefully that's just a break in period. I tried using the USB port on the side to charge my cell phone but it only pushed out enough juice to keep the percentage the same as when I started (while streaming music to my bluetooth though) and the DIAD has to be in the cradle.
Ours only works with ups devices. Would be nice if it charged my phone

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
Is everyone being forced to use new map nav + cradles? It’s nice but concerning at the same time
Yes
But if you tag your next stop you can go back to running your route like you had edd
I have not heard anything about orion in years
orion is just a tax right off anyway

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
It's a waste of battery life. To each their own, but I will Google Map it on my own device b4 having to come to the center and borrow a DIAD to record my last stops cause my DIAD can now draw out location without turn by turn directions. A waste
Effing Beast Mode
Love it
Would have had another Super Bowl if they would have given him the ball

Thegameisrigged

Those cradles are a waste of time and money, they don't hold up in the field.... so many write ups

We can't order cradles.. there is a whole process where its sent out and it's not automotive that does it.
Has yours ever stop working due to rain? It’s like the rain is corroding the contacts and it doesn’t work unless you wiggle it around in the cradle. Even then, it will stop working once you hit a bump.

Utility81

Is everyone being forced to use new map nav + cradles? It’s nice but concerning at the same time
Yes it was flavor of the month when we first got it. Now it sort of is but not so much.
I’ll have 3 for a business and one is a saver. It literally has me do the 2 ground in the morning. Then have me do the saver at 3:40pm. The ORION guy that was supposed to fix everything admitted it was a glitch in the system(pretty friend’en major if you ask me). I have to carrot all my stuff all day long. center manager said I needed to talk to the dispatcher. Well until you schedule me to do that, don’t count on me coming in early off the clock for that kind of stuff.