UPS/Mgmt. Interfering with contract vote

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
UPS has spent big money on advertising. I've been getting these on half the web sites I visit for weeks:
9ea9af44-95df-4768-9c17-a9d8fd4f0e36.gif

They're using a company called AdChoices from what I can tell.

specter208

It’s really stressful on the body to crank that landing gear up a couple times a night...that and getting in and out of the tractor.... stressful!!!
I heard a feeder guy today blasting some hip hop into the night from a giant speaker on his passenger seat.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
What's the west coast getting that is better than the rest of us?

Always interesting to hear what others are getting so we know what to ask for.

About (TWICE) as much for their retirement with the same amount of service years and age requirement than the IBT/UPS Pension ..nuff said..

I do not know why certain posters want to knife in the back the rest of the country by voting "yes" on the Master in order to protect their superior pension benefits knowing that it is protected by their supplements...Yeap

brown_trousers

About (TWICE) as much for their retirement with the same amount of service years and age requirement than the IBT/UPS Pension ..nuff said..

I do not know why certain posters want to knife in the back the rest of the country by voting "yes" on the Master in order to protect their superior pension benefits knowing that it is protected by their supplements...Yeap
Lol. We dont get twice as much for our retirement. We get about the same amount alotted to us per hour. the only difference is that we let the teamsters invest our pension dollars instead of the company. And we realize a much larger return on investment because of it.

DirtySouth

Look who showed up.... @anHOURover (aka bullhorn boy)

Are you still supporting 4 x 10 hour inside shifts (with no overtime after 8 hours)

as not being a concession ? I guess it must support your "mester" agenda.

OK.

Your Local seems to be in turmoil, with so much in-fighting.

You and Jumbo, both claiming to be the "vote no" originals.... Your local has a totally different

opinion on the contract.... and now we have #623livesmatter jumping on the band wagon.

The division in your Local is embarrassing.

-Bug-

You gotta be :censored2:ing kidding me.

Who "marches" on IBT after getting in trouble for literally sleeping with the enemy?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Lol. We dont get twice as much for our retirement. We get about the same amount alotted to us per hour. the only difference is that we let the teamsters invest our pension dollars instead of the company. And we realize a much larger return on investment because of it.

You are right...the SAME amount per Article 34 (Master) SHOULD be going into the IBT/UPS Pension Fund and the UPS Part time Pension Fund for mostly part timers.

The Teamsters were the ones that invested our pension allocations into the old Central States Fund before 2008..The UPS Pension Plan that covers all our part time people has always been controlled by the Company.

The real question is "WHY" is it that the IBT/UPS Pension pays half as much compared to the Western and some East conferences for the same amount of years and age?

That is why when the West and East votes for the "Master" they are knifing the Central and South in the back with any prospect of getting the same superior retirement benefits that you enjoy. (The IBT/UPS pension formula is contained in the Master and also in the Central Supplement). Even if we vote the Central and Southern down and somehow the Master passes we are all screwed.

If you could ever get an straight answer by "those in charge" to whether the same amount of pension contributions are going into those individual members in the Central and Southern per Article 34 (Master) under the Central and South as you in the Western be my guest.

wilberforce15

My answers:

Have you received your ballot?

"None of."

Have you voted?

"Your."

Have you checked out the My Contract summary online?

"Business."

Management has no right whatsoever to know my ballot status, my activity level within the union, or whether I've browsed their propaganda. It's not their vote. It's not their job.

They have nothing whatsoever to say to me about this, nor any information to get from me about it, except to be informed of the result after it's concluded. For anything else, they can bite me.

Last edited:

DirtySouth

Ha!

I forgot about that one.

And who got him his job back ? The same Union he continues to bad mouth.

I didn't connect the dots until you mentioned the bull horn. I wish I had saved that teary eyed fire side chat video where he was begging for help after getting canned.

I can't take anyone on our side seriously that bangs a UPS supervisor while fighting both UPS and the IBT, not to mention their own local.

brown_trousers

The real question is "WHY" is it that the IBT/UPS Pension pays half as much compared to the Western and some East conferences for the same amount of years and age?
Sounds like a regional issue. If your region wants a better pension plan than the company offers, you guys have to negotiate to take your pension dollars somewhere else.