UPS Next Day Air Early AM Money Back Guarantee Question

Tony King

What would happen if a company that has "money back guarantee" included in their contracted rates with UPS decided to do a marketing campaign to 50,000 homes in the same zip code. The company decides to send all the letter envelopes out on a Friday UPS Next Day Air Early AM for Saturday delivery.

Obviously that would flood the system and there is no way UPS would be able to make service on all those envelopes. Would the company be able to have the charges for all these shipments refunded since UPS didn't make service on them? Or would the money back guarantee be void since the shipper flooded UPS with so much extra volume?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
What would happen if a company that has "money back guarantee" included in their contracted rates with UPS decided to do a marketing campaign to 50,000 homes in the same zip code. The company decides to send all the letter envelopes out on a Friday UPS Next Day Air Early AM for Saturday delivery.

Obviously that would flood the system and there is no way UPS would be able to make service on all those envelopes. Would the company be able to have the charges for all these shipments refunded since UPS didn't make service on them? Or would the money back guarantee be void since the shipper flooded UPS with so much extra volume?
You signed up just to ask that? You plan on spamming a zip code and trying to get your money back afterwards? WOW...

rod

Retired 22 years
try it---see what happens, Whats a Sat. early am nda letter cost now days--if there is such a thing

scooby0048

But I'll bite and for your scenario, a Saturday eam is big bucks and I would imagine UPS would do everything they can to make service....it's all about the dollar.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

If you are sending out 50,000 pieces next day air I'm sure they'd find a way to accommodate you.

T

Turdferguson

Same thing that happens with other large shippers who send out mass NDA mailings. UPS would insist on a relax commit time for those packages.

scooby0048

Doesn't the refund move to the next service level? He would get back the difference between early am and regular Sat air.
Good point. I think you're right unless the shipper was big like Amazon or the likes, and made a stink about a full refund.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In another thread it was discussed that there is no time commit to Residential.

This was for 2nd Day Air AM only. Residential EAMs most definitely have a time commit.

There is no way a business would even consider sending out 50K envelopes Saturday EAM knowing that the vast majority would be thrown out upon receipt.

UPSGUY72

Well the cost for a letter EAM from the city I live in to the city I working in about 52 miles away is $78.50 if I was and idiot and tried to pull a fast one to get free shipping and shipped 50,000 EAM hoping not to pay shipping. It would cost me $3.925 milliom dollars and UPS would have the last laugh.

That being said there is a UPS building and the city I live.

BrownTexas

Well(,) the cost for a EAM letter from the city I live in to the city I working in(,) about 52 miles away(,) is $78.50(.) Ifriend I were an idiot trying to pull a fast one to get free shipping by shipping 50,000 EAM(,) hoping not to pay shipping(,) it would cost me $3.925 milliom dollars(,) and UPS would have the last laugh.

That being said. There is a UPS building in the city I live.
If we are going to talk about being idiots. Lets at least not type like one and make an incredibly long run on sentence.

UPSGUY72

If we are going to talk about being idiots. Lets at least not type like one and make an incredibly long run on sentence.

Really, the grammar police are calling people names now. I hope you understand that if that is the case you must be calling everyone on BC an idiot.

You can call me anything you want but remember I never said I was a English major in college.