UPS Next Day Air Early AM Money Back Guarantee Question

Catatonic

Nine Lives
What would happen if a company that has "money back guarantee" included in their contracted rates with UPS decided to do a marketing campaign to 50,000 homes in the same zip code. The company decides to send all the letter envelopes out on a Friday UPS Next Day Air Early AM for Saturday delivery.

Obviously that would flood the system and there is no way UPS would be able to make service on all those envelopes. Would the company be able to have the charges for all these shipments refunded since UPS didn't make service on them? Or would the money back guarantee be void since the shipper flooded UPS with so much extra volume?
UPS management would be brought in and all packages would be recorded in center as delivered before commit time.
Standard Operating Procedure.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
UPS management would be brought in and all packages would be recorded in center as delivered before commit time.
Standard Operating Procedure.
Honestly most of it would get delivered.

With it being in the same zip code you could start delivering at 4 or 5 am if you wanted. All the work would be at the center.

Tony King

It was just a hypothetical question. In my opinion I bet UPS wouldn't even accept all those packages to begin with, or the billing account would be put on hold before all the packages were even processed. Or the delivery station would sheet them "emergency conditions" to release them from the commitment.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It was just a hypothetical question. In my opinion I bet UPS wouldn't even accept all those packages to begin with, or the billing account would be put on hold before all the packages were even processed. Or the delivery station would sheet them "emergency conditions" to release them from the commitment.

By tendering those envelopes to a carrier you have voluntarily entered in to a contractual agreement with that carrier. When we honor our part of the bargain it would be up to you to honor yours.

The delivery station would have those envelopes the night before and would plan accordingly. All of the letters would make service.