UPS old school

quad decade guy

Ah the good ole days. When you could openly hate minorities!
Lot of places white people are minorities.

Openly hated there.....

Openly hated on CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS.....The View...Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace....Meet The Press.

To be clear: I did not introduce race into this conversation...

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
The best thing about those days was they couldn’t contact you, they would call a pickup to tell them to have you call. We had way more freedom.
we got beepers in the early 1990's and i;d turn mine off when i left the building and turn it back on when i got back. The damned thing would nearly explode from all of the calls from the OMS

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I didn’t close my bulkhead door for days at a time

I did wear a seatbelt
Did you have the Mgr riding with you in the back of the truck sorting it…I’ve heard that from some of the old timers…they would fly down those country roads to dust said Mgr in the back..good times had by all it sounded like.

35years

Gravy route
Don't forget about the fur tags...
You had to go into the smelly old lady's house after she took 2 minutes to get to the door, get the fur out of the closet while she watched you, wrap it in the special paper and box, seal it yourself, and then hand carry it into the office. Don't forget to mark your paper delivery record with a "eff" for Fur....or whatever the letter "eff" stands for.

Phased out around 1987. Can't believe I am still working here.

Last edited:

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Anybody remember having to pull the bottom copy of hazmats and leave them in a pouch at the back of the trailer?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Don't forget about the fur tags...
You had to go into the smelly old lady's house after she took 2 minutes to get to the door, get the fur out of the closet while she watched you, wrap it in the special paper and box, seal it yourself, and then hand carry it into the office. Don't forget to mark your paper delivery record with a "eff" for Fur....or whatever the letter "eff" stands for.

Phased out around 1987. Can't believe I am still working here.
Dude retire already… it’s a big unexplored world out there for you!