UPS old school

Whither

Scofflaw
I loved idiots that wanted to open a COD before paying! Not!
Yep. I think it's funny that people think they can just complain and "get me in trouble". They don't know that 1. UPS is mainly concerned about the shipper, not them as consignees, and 2. we're union employees, we gotta cross serious lines to have our jobs put in jeopardy.

35years

Gravy route
What keeps you here then? Are you afraid you’re gonna die when you retire? Are you an anti-fun person? Don’t you have any places you’ve never gone before?
Everyone's situation is different. I am not even 60 yet. Do you have disabled parents or children that you care for? Have you done the math on how much it takes to retire? My pension is far less than the drivers in the west. My relitives tend to live very long lives...Grandpa was 103.

So it isn't as easy as just saying 30 and out. I don't want a job in retirement.

quad decade guy

Everyone's situation is different. I am not even 60 yet. Do you have disabled parents or children that you care for? Have you done the math on how much it takes to retire? My pension is far less than the drivers in the west. My relitives tend to live very long lives...Grandpa was 103.

So it isn't as easy as just saying 30 and out. I don't want a job in retirement.
Bravo.

I would be curious what some of these clowns lives are really like. Talk is cheap.

I'm only 59...just turned. Staying about 3 more years will pay big dividends for me. While making $100k. Free insurance.

onewithedd

438B1CE2-1A3A-45F8-9F1D-6950F3E1C4BD.jpeg

I had this made back in 1995 when I was a proud UPSer. It is made from one wire with the exception of the ribbon tie. Cost $29

It’s about 1”x1-1/4”

Dhydratd

The old trucks had brackets for a jump seat, but you had to get one and put it in, could be a real pain. Usually just stood up.
I forgot about that! I remember having to go search for a jump seat or steal one from another truck.
They folded down instead of up like they do now. Sometimes they would collapse out from under you if you didn’t make sure the hinge was locked open properly

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I forgot about that! I remember having to go search for a jump seat or steal one from another truck.
They folded down instead of up like they do now. Sometimes they would collapse out from under you if you didn’t make sure the hinge was locked open properly
Yep, treacherous. LOL

clean hairy

When the only engines were inline 6, and any issue was simple to fix.
Unlike the engines today that have a myried of computer modules to try and diagnose.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Supervisors standing inside the bulkhead door while training You how to use a helper
At least they actually used to train us on how to do that. They threw me out in the woods in a rental with a 100 pound ugly chick who said about 4 words the whole 3 three weeks. She stood around so long because I had no idea wtf I was doing with a helper
They sent a brand new guy out with 300 stops and a first time helper, he had no idea what a “helper” even was since he was on off the street hire. That one took a 10+ driver rescue to finish up, we had a good laugh at that one. The horror in the kids eyes as he was scrambling trying to divvy up the pkgs in a way that made sense. And the best part is the old guys getting pissed at him cause it’s peak and he has no clue what he’s doing.
Good times