UPS Package Handler Background Check/Hiring Process

Did I get the job?

• Total voters

KJr

They ran my background check 7/26/16 I was cleared and started training 8/1/16.(They called me with my started date) I had to go online in between that and finish the online application (as per HR). I got a paper copy of the background check in the mail about a week later.
The only issue with me right now is they’re saying they failed to verify my current employment but I don’t see why that delays my start date for THEM. I have a criminal record but it’s nothing serious and strangely it said they didn’t find anything in their search in that area. So I don’t understand why I’m being delayed to start. I have a sup on the inside pulling strings too but ... still here tho

BiggieBrown

UPS takes forever to get people in the door.
We desperately need people on preload and its been months since they've brought anyone in. They just continue to have drivers come in to work preload. This is by far the stupidest company I've ever worked for. I don't understand how we are profitable, much less have such a high reputation.

JAS2017

I had an interview Tues. the 17th and then on the 18th I had an email asking if I could start Monday at 5. Absolutely could.
Get a text today from the HR lady who hired me telling me not to come in today at 5:00, but tomorrow instead.
Anyone else go through orientation or anything yet?

Purple Poop

I’ve tried to apply at a few other centers besides the one where I had my interview and on the career page, after I answer a few questions and hit continue, it won’t let me continue my application. It says my information from previous applications will be considered along with other applicants. Anyone else had this to happen?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I’ve tried to apply at a few other centers besides the one where I had my interview and on the career page, after I answer a few questions and hit continue, it won’t let me continue my application. It says my information from previous applications will be considered along with other applicants. Anyone else had this to happen?

Nope just you

Smh

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Stop filling out so many applications.

Purple Poop

Stop filling out so many applications.
Welp, the only one I got to complete is the one I interviewed for and tomorrow will be 1 week and I haven’t heard back yet so I’m trying to find other options. Not sure why it won’t let me complete the application process at other locations

scooby0048

Welp, the only one I got to complete is the one I interviewed for and tomorrow will be 1 week and I haven’t heard back yet so I’m trying to find other options. Not sure why it won’t let me complete the application process at other locations
Because you are in the process for another center. How many background checks do you think they are going to do on you?

scooby0048

Maybe I’m still in the mix for the position I interviewed for
more.jpg

THEN...

preview.jpg

That way you can see how it will turn out before you hit post reply.

You need to settle down. S* takes time. You applied and they are doing a BG check. It's only been a week. Peak is coming they will tell you if you are not hired otherwise you wait.

Jstpeachy

It can be a week or 4 weeks lol for the amount of help they need they sure take their time. Basically when you start looking elsewhere you’ll get a call back lol. Peak is coming though so I’m sure folks will get called, just seems to take forever here.

Purple Poop

Do you have something in your background you are hiding?

If so now’s your time to air it out
Na, I’m hoping I made it far enough in the the hiring process for them to do a background check. I’m currently employed and not to reveal to much info but I’m sure my current employer had a more strict background check than ups will.

Last edited:

clean hairy

You DO realize there are dozens ahead of you?
Yours went on the bottom of the pile, and they will get to when it is your turn