UPS Plans to Cut Non-Driver Jobs to Mitigate Union Labor Costs

Again spirh will increase anytime you put more residential stops on a car. Not hard to figure out.
yes
That is all that was done.
wrong
Not to mention that business stops that once had 20 to 30 boxes a day. Are now only getting 5 to 8 boxes a day. That also increases sphor.
uh, no not really
But keep thinking it had something to do with a +billion dollar program.
when i made my statement, i took all that into account; the raw numbers are much higher

I have read messages here in the past, decided to register and weigh in on this subject.

Appears it isn't just non-driving jobs. I'm a part-time air driver and was told a few week ago i was being laid off because the company is looking to save money. We have two PT air drivers in the building, one services pickups south of the building, the other north. After meeting at the building, one takes pickups to the airport which is about two hours away. I would get about three hours a day, the other driver about seven. What they have done is assigned all the air pickups to the one driver. If an OCA comes in, the driver picks up in that direction. If none come in, the driver goes to the north and they have FT drivers pick up the air in the opposite direction, which does not make it to the airport. Whichever way, that driver then takes all pickups to the airport.

Right now, I'm burning up leave time. I've been told by BA that if my job is eliminated, I can bump any lower seniority employee in the building. Management has not said my job is eliminated, just that I'm on temporary layoff and they don't know for how long. Meanwhile, trying to get a hold of BA to see what Union can do.

I guess if they can get me a position in the building, I can look forward to being bumped by a machine, eh?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
What about 4loko?
1696608383623.gif

anonymous23456

Yes it does. It shows you the drop off of boxes, with what you said the amount of people reduced. It shows that there was a good drop when you suggest there are extra stops on cars..
That is too hard, man! He is IE because he can't hack the math. Otherwise, he would be mechanical engineer. :lol:

Yes it does. It shows you the drop off of boxes, with what you said the amount of people reduced. It shows that there was a good drop when you suggest there are extra stops on cars..
stops =/= pieces not to mention an overall drop in volume doesn't mean each stop loses pieces, it can mean some stops just have 0

this is piddlesome :censored2:, I have actual figures that I can look at going back over a decade, you have anecdotes and mass media news articles

bottom line: no matter how inefficient YOU think ORION has been, the results say otherwise which is why UPS didn't drop it like a hot rock

UPS has ZERO QUALMS about nuking literally any project if it shows being unprofitable in the slightest, I've seen it countless times

edit: like seriously if UPS had data that showed you delivering in flip flops would make them money, your ass would be in clogs by the end of the week