UPS Plans to Cut Non-Driver Jobs to Mitigate Union Labor Costs

PPH_over_9000

Yeah not sure what they exactly do anymore , run a misload on their way home maybe.

They’re definitely not “ on road” as there name implies

I’ll miss them dearly
✊🧔‍♂️

[HOLY :censored2: i just realized i'm like 17 pages behind on this thread. Sorry dude, don't mind me...]

Mine seem to be on-road every day, doing observations, misload collection, putting out whatever fire a driver in their loop managed to start.

There's almost always one in the office but the others are out and about.

Now, there might be some times when they're just at home chillin' with the family, idk... But I've had them pop up on me often enough with "So we're gonna start with the good, and then we'll move on to some things I think could use improvement" that I just always work like they're following me.

stops =/= pieces not to mention an overall drop in volume doesn't mean each stop loses pieces, it can mean some stops just have 0

this is piddlesome :censored2:, I have actual figures that I can look at going back over a decade, you have anecdotes and mass media news articles

bottom line: no matter how inefficient YOU think ORION has been, the results say otherwise which is why UPS didn't drop it like a hot rock

UPS has ZERO QUALMS about nuking literally any project if it shows being unprofitable in the slightest, I've seen it countless times

edit: like seriously if UPS had data that showed you delivering in flip flops would make them money, your ass would be in clogs by the end of the week
So why are we still delivering Saturday ground then?

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
stops =/= pieces not to mention an overall drop in volume doesn't mean each stop loses pieces, it can mean some stops just have 0

this is piddlesome :censored2:, I have actual figures that I can look at going back over a decade, you have anecdotes and mass media news articles

bottom line: no matter how inefficient YOU think ORION has been, the results say otherwise which is why UPS didn't drop it like a hot rock

UPS has ZERO QUALMS about nuking literally any project if it shows being unprofitable in the slightest, I've seen it countless times

edit: like seriously if UPS had data that showed you delivering in flip flops would make them money, your ass would be in clogs by the end of the week
Tts is the best. You aren't the only one that can get into it.

Ou812fu

Okay, name one thing that was nuked.

Ou812fu

People safety out does any unsafe method of work. People would tell you to pound sand, except for the kiss :censored2:.

Last edited:

Ou812fu

bottom line: no matter how inefficient YOU think ORION has been, the results say otherwise which is why UPS didn't drop it like a hot rock.
I remember all of the articles that used to talk about how efficient this 2 billion dollar program named Orion. That this guy created.
P.s. ups got rid of the guy, and they just can't ditch something that cost the company over 2 billion. When in reality they are slowly doing away with it. What the new Orion. I forgot already. Wait it is dianamic Orion. Any smart CEO will make things disappear by changing their names a few times then close it up.

RangerMan06

This company only cares about SPC. They give no thought to the bottom line or how much in overtime or penalties they pay out as long as they increase SPC

I remember all of the articles that used to talk about how efficient this 2 billion dollar program named Orion. That this guy created.
P.s. ups got rid of the guy, and they just can't ditch something that cost the company over 2 billion. When in reality they are slowly doing away with it. What the new Orion. I forgot already. Wait it is dianamic Orion. Any smart CEO will make things disappear by changing their names a few times then close it up.
I don't even know what you're rambling there, the guy retired it was almost a decade ago

anyways make ORION dynamic doesn't make it stop being ORION, what are you talking about lol

Lol, that was canceled due to not being able to discipline anyone on it. But yeah okay. If you go that way then the new RFID labels will be gone in a year.
no it was cancelled because our supplier ceased production of the scanners and we needed to recall and save the rest for the hubs; also we went back to having pre-smart scan misload frequencies for like a single month (remember I said it was cyclical?) and they used that as the official reason