UPS Plans to Cut Non-Driver Jobs to Mitigate Union Labor Costs

cynz

LOL catstalking. You don't know what you're talking about. Tsg has already started implementing the AI program per management who has over 30 yrs implementing all of our computer programs in our district.
And you must be crazy to think 401 is better than pensions. If you have a 401k 300 hundred thousand dollars it will only last you 7.5 yrs if you draw out 40,000 a year.
LOL my future pension will be over 40,000 a year and will last past my death and a smaller version will go to my spouse. Having both pension and a 401k is awesome.

Who's bamboozled.
Why do you think corporate America has tricked people in believing pension are bad. But all CEO, Congressmen and Women have pensions.

Well, your building might be decreasing ours is increasing, just a thought not all hubs are alike.

Also, I didn't say union clerks, even though they have already made a lot of address correction automatic, sending N1 packages to Cvs, Ups stores ect. They are dumbing down clerk work, less employees.

cynz

Also, Catstalking, Management did lose their pensions for new management and froze what they had in senior management positions, they did take away their bonuses, and they increased the amount they pay for their medical health insurance premium.

cynz

LOL Preload has 1 manager 6 fulltime sups 18 pt sups. My bad its 26 not 28.
Preload fluctuates 100-120 employees

Believe or dont , dont really care. When I first started they only had 1 manager and two full time sups 7 pt sups.
In the driver centers, the fulltime sup drivers did all the office paper work there were no women in the offices. Driver management used to work an average of 12 hrs a day. Long Long time ago LOL.

Believe it or not, they have been implementing part time on road supervisors, eventually no more full time on road sups.

textat3

I'm struggling to find anything in your post that's accurate

OMS, clerical, and dispatch can't be automated anymore than current level, ESPECIALLY with the concessions the company had to make in this contract

AI for anything is a meme, you're being bamboozled by buzzwords

nobody's benefits or bonuses went away, nobody wants a pension over a 401k unless you're financially illiterate

also our volume is still decreasing
Nobody wants a pension over a 401k….dude you must be a millennial…it is the exact opposite. Or how about a driver with a 401k and pension. My pension will pay me about 10-11k a month in local 639….Do you have any idea how much money a guy would need in a 401k to withdraw that kind of money?

RangerMan06

I'm struggling to find anything in your post that's accurate

OMS, clerical, and dispatch can't be automated anymore than current level, ESPECIALLY with the concessions the company had to make in this contract

AI for anything is a meme, you're being bamboozled by buzzwords

nobody's benefits or bonuses went away, nobody wants a pension over a 401k unless you're financially illiterate

also our volume is still decreasing
Keep telling yourself that you can't be replaced by AI. Lol!!!

Crosscutters

LOL catstalking. You don't know what you're talking about. Tsg has already started implementing the AI program per management who has over 30 yrs implementing all of our computer programs in our district.
And you must be crazy to think 401 is better than pensions. If you have a 401k 300 hundred thousand dollars it will only last you 7.5 yrs if you draw out 40,000 a year.
LOL my future pension will be over 40,000 a year and will last past my death and a smaller version will go to my spouse. Having both pension and a 401k is awesome.

Who's bamboozled.
Why do you think corporate America has tricked people in believing pension are bad. But all CEO, Congressmen and Women have pensions.

Well, your building might be decreasing ours is increasing, just a thought not all hubs are alike.

Also, I didn't say union clerks, even though they have already made a lot of address correction automatic, sending N1 packages to Cvs, Ups stores ect. They are dumbing down clerk work, less employees.
We are and have been extremely heavy . And we’re just a small building in the middle of nowhere.

textat3

Stop this crap about a 401k being more desirable than a pension. Just the fact that UPS management moved to a 401k from a pension should tell you all you need to know.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Sorry but the company really fked up when they wanted to go down to the wire with this contract…especially when O’Brien was on every nation news program imaginable. It shouldn’t take more than 4 weeks to hammer out something. Customers didn’t know what to do when negotiating went down to the last week…so many jumped ship. Can’t say I blamed them. Many are tired of the company and their bs games.

Last edited:

Brownisbrown

UPS EMPLOYEE

Who's bamboozled.

man i wish i had a pension that would be cool

textat3

Easiest ways to save money for UPS:

1) end driver bonus
2) no more PCM
3) 8:30 start time, no waiting. What isn’t on the truck goes tomorrow.
4) Stop Wasting paper my hanging up all this bs, ops etc….
5) Have a real security policy. No bags or coolers allowed….none.
6) At 8.5 hrs bring it back….warning letters for working past 9.5. Try again tomorrow, or customer can pick it up tomorrow.
7) No more talking to drivers about the brown Champion sweatshirt when he looks like a Viking from not shaving since November of 2020….really it just don’t matter.
8) No more talking to customers, drop and go….peace y’all see you tomorrow.
9) Cut Carols pay…,she makes way too much.