UPS Plans to Cut Non-Driver Jobs to Mitigate Union Labor Costs

LOL catstalking. You don't know what you're talking about. Tsg has already started implementing the AI program per management who has over 30 yrs implementing all of our computer programs in our district.
you have no idea what you're talking about and local TSG sure as :censored2: wouldn't be the ones implementing it

And you must be crazy to think 401 is better than pensions. If you have a 401k 300 hundred thousand dollars it will only last you 7.5 yrs if you draw out 40,000 a year.
LOL my future pension will be over 40,000 a year and will last past my death and a smaller version will go to my spouse. Having both pension and a 401k is awesome.
if you retire with 300k in your 401k, you are a total maroon

even assuming worst case backtesting, my 401k will be paying double what your pension will, which btw 40k won't mean literally anything with inflation in a few years

Who's bamboozled.
Why do you think corporate America has tricked people in believing pension are bad. But all CEO, Congressmen and Women have pensions.
no, no they don't

please don't embarrass yourself, you sound like your financial knowledge was current in maybe 1991 at latest, you are at minimum a few decades behind the times

textat3

Offer to pay up to 5 years pension contributions for all drivers willing to retire if said is done. We don’t want to be here and the younger guys are much more productive. This would be huge. It would hurt year 1, but productivity going forward would be nuts.

Nobody wants a pension over a 401k….dude you must be a millennial…it is the exact opposite. Or how about a driver with a 401k and pension. My pension will pay me about 10-11k a month in local 639….Do you have any idea how much money a guy would need in a 401k to withdraw that kind of money?
2.4 million about

textat3

I have never knew so many financial experts worked at UPS. If you are so smart and talented from a financial perspective, why are you here? This place is meant for the bottom of the barrel, drunks, druggies, low life’s etc. That is by design. If you are really smart and talented you will roll out of this place. They will actually show you the door because the guy above you is threatened by you. The only way to stick around was back in the Old days when you belonged to the old boys club, but that all got ruined when they showed Jimmy Barber the door.

anonymous23456

IE is about to get cut again. They are no longer necessary and will be outsourced
Yeah. You don't need many IE(s). Keep about 50 people and fly them to different centers so that they can adjust where the belts are setup. Once that is done, they move on to another center. You don't need IE all the time. It isn't like you re-arrange furniture every week.

Unless everyone and their dogs that adjust the belts are called "IE" which are not "Industrial Engineering".

Brownwind

I have never knew so many financial experts worked at UPS. If you are so smart and talented from a financial perspective, why are you here? This place is meant for the bottom of the barrel, drunks, druggies, low life’s etc. That is by design. If you are really smart and talented you will roll out of this place. They will actually show you the door because the guy above you is threatened by you. The only way to stick around was back in the Old days when you belonged to the old boys club, but that all got ruined when they showed Jimmy Barber the door.
Most of us in the club are here for the insurance and the bonus pension. The job is actually easier when you follow the methods and treat the customer as king. Enjoying the job is alright when you realize you make a difference in your customers life. Remember what the S stands for

IE is about to get cut again. They are no longer necessary and will be outsourced
lol, lmao

aQe5ggJw_700w_0.jpg

Yeah. You don't need many IE(s). Keep about 50 people and fly them to different centers so that they can adjust where the belts are setup. Once that is done, they move on to another center. You don't need IE all the time. It isn't like you re-arrange furniture every week.

Unless everyone and their dogs that adjust the belts are called "IE" which are not "Industrial Engineering".
that's not at all what IE does; maybe 30 years ago.....

MattM

Considering a 401k is all out of pocket and the pension pays anywhere from $9-$16/hr worked, I don’t see how the two are comparable in any sense of the word.

Rough estimates has my pension valued some 10-20 times higher than my 401k
My 401k is worth one year of what my annual pension distribution is worth

One would need to go beyond maxing out their 35% 401k to get within the realm of what a pension pays out.

Hope you have enough in your 401k until you find another business to ruin
the vast majority of the stupidity i see people blame on IE comes from their own operators (especially DM's)
most of the rest comes from finance or sometimes marketing

but sure man, tell me more about the dept you've never interacted with for even a second

Considering a 401k is all out of pocket and the pension pays anywhere from $9-$16/hr worked, I don’t see how the two are comparable in any sense of the word.

Rough estimates has my pension valued some 10-20 times higher than my 401k
My 401k is worth one year of what my annual pension distribution is worth

One would need to go beyond maxing out their 35% 401k to get within the realm of what a pension pays out.
relying on a pension when the US govt is practically insolvent is insane

RangerMan06

the vast majority of the stupidity i see people blame on IE comes from their own operators (especially DM's)
most of the rest comes from finance or sometimes marketing

but sure man, tell me more about the dept you've never interacted with for even a second
You sound just like the HR department before they were outsourced. Your job won't be here in 5 years.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
If you think UPS is for bottom of the barrel youve clearly never worked at a restaurant, convenience store or local grocery store.