ups retirement health ins

IESucks

Can anyone answer this question. I'm getting ambiguous answers. If you retire and say in the next contract after you retire there is language pertaining to retirement health ins that actually improves a certain situation you have. Does that language in the new contract pertain to previous retired friend/t as myself or only retirees after that particular contract.
Each new contract rules regarding insurance applies to all, including you

Future

Victory Ride
It's BS. You should be covered under the terms of what you retired under. I can understand a small adjustment for inflation.....maybe.. it's not like they are going to pay the hralhealth for the rest of your life.
1CBC5975-0C0F-4A4C-B164-A55F52D9A751.gif

IESucks

It's BS. You should be covered under the terms of what you retired under. I can understand a small adjustment for inflation.....maybe.. it's not like they are going to pay the hralhealth for the rest of your life.
sometimes good sometimes bad. Use to lose vision and dental at retirement. Now we have it

oldngray

nowhere special
sometimes good sometimes bad. Use to lose vision and dental at retirement. Now we have it
Not in my plan. Retirees always had vision and dental. Not much different than active employees. Retirees are paying more out of the pocket now but its mostly the monthly charge (which includes vision and dental). Major medical is definitely a bit worse though.

You should get a statement of what your policy offers each year. It should remain the same for the full contract. With the new contract your benefits could change and your monthly premium could increase for the duration of the new contract. My wife was on Disability and the second I retired they kicked her off. But I also don't pay a premium for her either. Medicare takes her premium out directly every month.

idahoups

As of today, yes. When you retiree, who knows. After you retire, you may have it for awhile, and then lose it. We are seeing now, everything is subject to change. Whatever was told to you now or before, is meaningless.
Not in Idaho
I pay $1,495 a month for myself and spouse!