UPS says Yes to Saturday Ground.

Rack em

Made the Podium
If drivers are out of hours by Friday, who's gonna drive the PC while I jump? We don't ever hire peak drivers at our center.

ManInBrown

it's amazing what we learn at this place. Pretty safe to say 99% of UPS drivers have no idea Brown Cafe even exists. Mentioned to a few drivers in my center Saturday Ground is coming down the pipe. They just looked at me and laughed. "That'll never happen"

Didn't say where I heard it from

My main question is. How are they deciding who becomes T-S? I'm a BID driver who's route is cut almost every Monday. Am I automatically being moved to a T-S workweek? I will be LIVID if that happens.

Rack em

Made the Podium
They will (probably) ask for volunteers who want to switch over to a T-S schedule. Then force from the bottom up from there?

JL 0513

I don't know how many have checked, but X-mas Eve is on a Saturday this year. So plan ahead and run out of hours on Friday :)

Anyone notice on the UPS calendar that Monday the 26th isn't yellowed out as a UPS holiday? Saturday and Sunday are highlighted but Monday is presented as a regular business day. Sad that I have to ask, but we do have that Monday off, right??

PT Car Washer

Anyone notice on the UPS calendar that Monday the 26th isn't yellowed out as a UPS holiday? Saturday and Sunday are highlighted but Monday is presented as a regular business day. Sad that I have to ask, but we do have that Monday off, right??
Depends. How much seniority do you have?

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
it's amazing what we learn at this place. Pretty safe to say 99% of UPS drivers have no idea Brown Cafe even exists. Mentioned to a few drivers in my center Saturday Ground is coming down the pipe. They just looked at me and laughed. "That'll never happen"

Didn't say where I heard it from

My main question is. How are they deciding who becomes T-S? I'm a BID driver who's route is cut almost every Monday. Am I automatically being moved to a T-S workweek? I will be LIVID if that happens.
Absolutely agree. Just like when I found out through some of you folks about Orion. Told some of my co-workers about it and they never heard a peep about it. Once it came and it went live there were all these drivers complaining about it. However I already knew what to expect after hearing all the complaints on here beforehand.

As a matter of fact another co-worker posted an article about UPS 'toying' with the idea of Saturday ground and all the subsequent posters saying the same thing your coworkers said. If only they knew....

KOG72

I’m full of it
We should be off because the holiday is on a Sunday.

Holydriver

I honestly don't see customers paying extra for Saturday ground....the po is delivering Sunday and I believe much of that is prime ordered on Friday....we all are doing this because of Amazon....
i like when i order stuff on prime in the morning, get home from work and its sitting on my door step....with free shipping!!!! these are of course delivered by amazon. they are tearing it up in the residential department. i mean, come on, i can buy today, receive today, and not pay for shipping? of course im going to choose that instead of getting a box delivered by UPS with foot prints on it

JL 0513

Depends. How much seniority do you have?

Christmas is on Sunday which means a Monday holiday. So are you saying we may have no Christmas holiday this year? My extended family Christmas party is that Monday. We better have it off like everyone else in the country.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Yes. I was looking at the forecast for December the other day and they're showing it as a non-operational day. I trust that more than the calendar because of our love of forecasts.