UPS Shooting- San Francisco (Rant & News thread)

twoweeled

How many sups over the last few years have gone out on stress leave???? They need to get checked on this next contract....we are at a wall with them and the union and us individual members need to start pushing back to that middle line...
Yes, many many management have gone out on stress. I'm pretty sure they are in a different category than us. I don't know why, but they are handled differently. It's probably because upper management doesn't want to open that door with their own. With us, it's handled swiftly and accordingly. They can claim they don't want someone with questionable stability on the road. They don't want the liability. You can be out being retrained to fix computers, just like a real bad back. but management gets handled differently. I think some of these managers know too much, and they don't want them going out angry and blabbing all the company secrets,,,,,,but I'm really not sure. I'm guessing.

twoweeled

When was this? I never got a check
It was a check for all the breaks that were missed by drivers over years. I think it was only in California. The amount were different, according to how many hours you worked. That's why UPS makes a point to make sure you take all your breaks now. I don't think IVIS or Diad will allow you to do anything on it, while you are on break. That's why! It wsn't like that before!! management was not happy. Management as bitter.
BUT I WAS HAPPY AS I COULD POSSIBLY BE!!!!!
e14dccacd99619905ed3bfe9a5a6b24d.jpg

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
It was a check for all the breaks that were missed by drivers over years. I think it was only in California. The amount were different, according to how many hours you worked. That's why UPS makes a point to make sure you take all your breaks now. I don't think IVIS or Diad will allow you to do anything on it, while you are on break. That's why! It wsn't like that before!! management was not happy. Management as bitter.
I'm in California...been with the company 6 years and I never got no GOTdam check

Ms.PacMan

I was going with the definition that describes your standing there watching as your BA felt up your wife.

:censored2: is a man who's a little bitch and is used by many races for someone who is spineless and IS derived from cuckold.
Her :censored2: boyfriend watched as a man flirted and felt up his girl in front of him.

She cheated on him and told him it would never happen again, he's such a :censored2: to believe that.

Definitely a term for a man. A woman would never stand idly by and let another woman feel up her man. One of them would be going down!

twoweeled

I'm in California...been with the company 6 years and I never got no GOTdam check
I'm pretty sure we received that check more than 6 years ago. I think it may have been the day before you started?? Ask one of the 20 year guys in your center about it. I'm sure it was the day before you started! 6 years and a day ago, I received approx $15,000.

W

What The Hawk?

All I have to say is the shooter is a cowardly piece of crap. I heard about this because my friend was working in SF. So sad..

TheDick

The roadrunners still get around the locked out DIAD by sheeting pre recorded stops on the way RTB or in traffic or punch out for lunch on the way the way back. Some people just love to donate good money to Brown, they need it you know?

twoweeled

The roadrunners still get around the locked out DIAD by sheeting pre recorded stops on the way RTB or in traffic or punch out for lunch on the way the way back. Some people just love to donate good money to Brown, they need it you know?
I never understood the compulsion many drivers had, to work for free, or trade overtime for straight time. I just never got that one. I used to run about 9 hour load in 10 hours and got paid for 10. Others would come in an hour early to set up their trucks, skip their breaks, and cut the meal short, to run a little better than scratch. Working 10, and getting paid for 9. AND THEY BRAGG ABOUT IT!! Sorta like bragging about being corn-holed in county jail.
headscratcher.jpg

twoweeled

I just read this on Dow Jones News "DJCNEWS":
UPS Recognized As Top Community-Minded Company on 2017 Civic 50 list.
"ATLANTA, June 21, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- UPS (NYSE:UPS) today was named among the 2017 Civic 50 community-minded companies by the Points of Light organization. This marks the fourth year UPS has been recognized for its community engagement and philanthropic efforts."

This is what money does a few days after employee deaths at this same exact company. I guess Dow Jones News doesn't read the news??

DOK

I never understood the compulsion many drivers had, to work for free, or trade overtime for straight time. I just never got that one. I used to run about 9 hour load in 10 hours and got paid for 10. Others would come in an hour early to set up their trucks, skip their breaks, and cut the meal short, to run a little better than scratch. Working 10, and getting paid for 9. AND THEY BRAGG ABOUT IT!! Sorta like bragging about being corn-holed in county jail.
headscratcher.jpg
Bonus and overtime both get paid at time and a half in some centers. In centers where bonus gets paid at straight time I can see your point.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
And then some people like to do their best.
They probably shouldn't be drivers.
They are motivated and care ... This is antithesis to the teamster culture.

35years

Gravy route
And then some people like to do their best.
They probably shouldn't be drivers.
They are motivated and care ... This is antithesis to the teamster culture.

I have never seen a Fed-Ex express driver who kept up the pace of a UPS driver.

I have never seen a Fed-ex ground driver who cared about their customers like a UPS teamster driver.

And as to mailmen....Well, :sleeping:

I thought you went through de-programming when you retired, Photog.

Last edited: