UPS Shooting- San Francisco (Rant & News thread)

Denreed

Attachments

• Screenshot (100).png
    Screenshot (100).png
    325.2 KB · Views: 230

twoweeled

I was telling our pick off guy not too long ago that I'm sort of surprised it hasn't happened yet. I've seen so many people get screamed at by management, belittled in front of the entire penn, drivers being told it doesn't matter what they think... things like that. :censored2:, I was treated like :censored2: my first three months by my sup and it just did not matter how hard I tried to improve.

But I truly am sorry to hear that this happened. These are our co workers, even though we don't work together (that we know of lol), we gotta have each other's backs right now. Sorry this took a sappy turn lol.

As I always tell my drivers before leaving, be safe out there.
I too have always wondered why this didn't happen more often. My guess. Those of us who have been here a longtime, have always had pressure on us. ALWAYS. It's like a way of life there. It was like a dog being whipped 5 times everyday from day one. It was the way it was and we became accustom to it. But there was a point where they were off you. You did your job and we're okay. Not now! Pressure turned to harassment may years ago and it's just increased. That dog is going to get an increase in whipping, regardless of what he does. Soon we figure out, , , it's NEVER enough. Even if it is enough for this management team, it won't be enough for the next team. At UPS, you will never reach the point of, maintain this pace and you will not be bothered again. Some people (management and hourly alike) are going to snap.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Yeah the company clearly left him with no choice but to murder. Give me a break

I agree with you. However, put yourself into the mind of a man who requests 8 to make it to his kids graduation, or ballgame, or anniversary dinner with his wife, and the dispatcher effs it up. Now work Saturdays too? How much time is missed with family at this job? I know it is part of the job, but does it make it right? What's the real reason they can't put on more routes, get people in at a decent time? How many guys have to work here for 15 years, only to end up divorced, with weekend visits from kid? Everyone handles stress different, obviously this guy snapped, but you can't be so obtuse to think this is a surprise. Praying for victims and anyone who has to walk back through that gate to go back to work.

UPS1907

Covered on local news here (other side of the country), and the national news starts in about five minutes.
Nothing on world news. At least first 15 minutes. As I thought, the news is being dominated by baseball shooting of Republican.

This will be an easy one for UPS Spin control. Unfortunately, nothing will change.

Returntosender

the name of the shooter is out, Jimmy Lam. He was in uniform and supposedly had a history of mental illness. Also they are saying it happened at the time of the PCM
At PCM. That is premeditated the shooter waited for maximum targets in close proximity for maximum damage.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Yeah the company clearly left him with no choice but to murder. Give me a break
I used to think you were intelligent and informed

This comment made me realize you're either an :censored2: or blind to the company you work for.

The corporate culture of this, and many other companies is toxic towards employees

I'm sorry you can't admit it

I stopped reading this thread at this comment. I m going to continue now and hope you redeem your pathetic corporate kool aid drinking ass

Returntosender

Is the history of mental illness something ups is going to spin to give this needless tragedy a "reason" for happening....take management and company liability out of the equation....
Then UPS Atlata called division manager in SF and instructed manager destroy all evidence of shooter filing grievances against company. Have to create the image that UPS did in no way drive this person to do this. The family of victims need to lawyer to preserve the company personal/disciplinary . records of shooter.

oldngray

nowhere special
Medical records need to release by the physician to prove history did exist prior to UPS employment or develop mental illness while employed at UPS?

Police identified San Francisco resident Jimmy Lam as the shooter, according to NBC Bay Area. Lam has a history of mental illness, sources said. He was dressed in a UPS uniform at the time of the shooting, police said. UPS spokesman Steve Gaut confirmed the gunman was an employee at the facility.
San Francisco UPS facility shooting: 4 dead including gunman, police say

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

Push push push push push. Push. Push push push push push push push push push push push push push push push push push push. Mental breakdown ...