Ups stock

Retiree

I suppose he can do that but what my post asked was what are/were the experiences of people on this forum regarding annual and/or quarterly statements.

The person who answers the phone at computershare may or may not know what they're talking about.

Crazy, I know.

BlackCat

I suppose he can do that but what my post asked was what are/were the experiences of people on this forum regarding annual and/or quarterly statements.

The person who answers the phone at computershare may or may not know what they're talking about.

Crazy, I know.
I get them quarterly.

So it seems like your friend has either

A. opted out of the reinvestment program
B. has the wrong address on file
C. I am not sure if this is even an option but, elected to get statements via email.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I put aside $50 a week to buy the stock. I’m seriously considering stopping and just adding 2% more to my 401K. The discount really sucks. Lousy 5%. A lot of companies give 15%. I only own 45 shares but it doesn’t seem like a stock that you can really make money on. It hovers around the same price point for as long as I’ve been buying it. Just doesn’t seem worth it. I don’t see anything on the horizon to make it shoot up to $150+ just seems like a total waste. Be better off just adding to the 401K. What do you guys think? I mean I know it’s only 50 bucks. Buy weekly and just forget about it for the rest of my career. Check my balance in 20 years but it just seems like the 401K would be better served. My 401K is up 26% since the day Trump took office. And if the contract gets voted down the stock will definitely go in the tank.

5% discount + dividends are about the only reason to buy ups stock. Don't know why anyone who doesn't work for ups buys it, you can get better dividend yields elsewhere. I'm making $250 - $300 per year in dividends, a little extra beer and ammo money, better than nothing.

badpal

5% discount + dividends are about the only reason to buy ups stock. Don't know why anyone who doesn't work for ups buys it, you can get better dividend yields elsewhere. I'm making $250 - $300 per year in dividends, a little extra beer and ammo money, better than nothing.
Well if i am correct, the BOD meets today to set the dividend for the next year. Hope it goes up and you can buy some more beer. Plus your stock price is up about 19 dollars a share since the Christmas eve low, Boring aint bad sometimes.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I put aside $50 a week to buy the stock. I’m seriously considering stopping and just adding 2% more to my 401K. The discount really sucks. Lousy 5%. A lot of companies give 15%. I only own 45 shares but it doesn’t seem like a stock that you can really make money on. It hovers around the same price point for as long as I’ve been buying it. Just doesn’t seem worth it. I don’t see anything on the horizon to make it shoot up to $150+ just seems like a total waste. Be better off just adding to the 401K. What do you guys think? I mean I know it’s only 50 bucks. Buy weekly and just forget about it for the rest of my career. Check my balance in 20 years but it just seems like the 401K would be better served. My 401K is up 26% since the day Trump took office. And if the contract gets voted down the stock will definitely go in the tank.
Buy high, sell low!

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Well if i am correct, the BOD meets today to set the dividend for the next year. Hope it goes up and you can buy some more beer. Plus your stock price is up about 19 dollars a share since the Christmas eve low, Boring aint bad sometimes.

If you can time it, you might be able to make some money on the stock. The stock did pretty much the opposite this year that it usually does during peak. And when you can only sell stock you've owned for two years or longer, makes it a little more challenging.

panther

For me its a stable stock thats easy to purchase with a little discount that has a steady history with improved yearly dividends. I dont see getting rich off buying and selling this stock.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
20190724_103535.jpg

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
They purposely kept that money off of this quarters earning report
And we all get a raise next week!
Next day air volume up 30% but revenue only up 3%.

So now we’re moving all of amazon stuff in our air system. Causing a complete cluster:censored2: in our system but for virtually the same price as we move their ground

So now we’re moving all of amazon stuff in our air system. Cause a complete cluster:censored2: in our system but for virtually the same price as we move their ground
That's what is scaring me. I see too much Amazon and not enough of the other shippers in my package car.

They also aren't fixing a lot of the package cars, they are waiting for peak. Pay now or pay later.

JustDeliverIt

So now we’re moving all of amazon stuff in our air system. Causing a complete cluster:censored2: in our system but for virtually the same price as we move their ground

What a great business model. Do a ton more of the expensive work for the same price as the cheaper work.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That's what is scaring me. I see too much Amazon and not enough of the other shippers in my package car.

They also aren't fixing a lot of the package cars, they are waiting for peak. Pay now or pay later.
The expense game they are playing is so dumb and a sign that things are not as good as they try to make them appear