UPS stops deliveries to Juniper Acres, citing safety concerns

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS stops deliveries to Juniper Acres, citing safety concerns - KTVZ

UPS Inc. has stopped delivering packages to Juniper Acres, a rural community in Central Oregon, over "safety concerns." Instead, they are being dropped off at the Alfalfa Store.

"That was a business decision on UPS's part, whether to go in there or not, and I think they based that decision on the fact that they told us some of their drivers have been threatened by firearms," the sheriff said. "One driver had a dog sicced on him. That was not reported to us at the time or we would have investigated. So they made their business decision based on that."

Star B

White Lightening
must have happened recently with someone in a rental or pvd...... I mean, anyone stupid enough to pull a gun on a driver driving a package car "derr i dun know who dey arr" needs to be jailed.

MAKAVELI

UPS stops deliveries to Juniper Acres, citing safety concerns - KTVZ

UPS Inc. has stopped delivering packages to Juniper Acres, a rural community in Central Oregon, over "safety concerns." Instead, they are being dropped off at the Alfalfa Store.

"That was a business decision on UPS's part, whether to go in there or not, and I think they based that decision on the fact that they told us some of their drivers have been threatened by firearms," the sheriff said. "One driver had a dog sicced on him. That was not reported to us at the time or we would have investigated. So they made their business decision based on that."
Just can't trust them crazy :censored2: white people.:happy2:

CoolStoryBro

must have happened recently with someone in a rental or pvd...... I mean, anyone stupid enough to pull a gun on a driver driving a package car "derr i dun know who dey arr" needs to be jailed.

The comments on the article claim that the area is too rural to send a normal UPS package car. UPS sends SUV's there.

F

Frankie's Friend

Really? We have had guns and knives pulled on us.
The moral of the story is why drivers are dispatched so heavy that the customers feel threatened to answer the door late at night.
It happens more than you know.
Looks to me like they just set up a new access point.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Was doing some playing around after reading that article and came across this. Lol.

Guess I can't upload images in this subforum but I think you'll see what I'm referring to.

Google Maps

rod

Retired 22 years
White people trashing everything like :censored2:ing welfare animals

I remember delivering that day when the not-guilty verdict came in. I thought to myself "Well OJ got away with murder", then I continued my day. I did laugh my ass off when he was thrown in jail for that Las Vegas robbery/assult stuff though.

Box Ox

Too rural ? Good lord if areas were deemed too rural to deliver to at my old center half the routes would disappear.

Are ya down south? Some rural folks down here like their dogs to be killers and are eager to fulfill a firearm home defense fantasy. I hear some of rural Oregon is extremely "southy".

rod

Retired 22 years
Are ya down south? Some rural folks down here like their dogs to be killers and are eager to fulfill a firearm home defense fantasy. I hear some of rural Oregon is extremely "southy".

No I'm from up north. Everyone here has a butt load of guns BUT we also have some common sense. VERY seldom hear of someone getting greeted at the door with a gun. I won't say its never happened but its rare. I will say though if you pull into a yard late at night with a rental truck you are guaranteed to have the hounds released on you.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
This was my dilemma for the past year and a half... I had to fib to the customers that FedEx was too cheap/ scared of the particular rural area that they hired BUDGET rental and Enterprise rental agencies to deliver their crap for them.

I deliver lots of small arms ammo and shotgun shells.... they love the free venison that roams freely round here. I see wild turkeys as well, but I don't see any of my customers going for them.