UPS Store delivery troubles

OoopsUser

Anyone else have companies that refuse to deliver to the UPS Store? We live someplace without mail service to our house. We have no other address except our UPS store address. But Verizon Wireless refuses to deliver! Verizon Wireless and modern day redlining of UPS Store mailboxes.

Anyone have suggestions on how to deal with vendors? It would seem UPS needs to get a grip on this... this is the second vendor in a few short months that did the same thing.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
We would not know much about the customer side of things but I would imagine listing the address in a strange way or even listing the address # incorrectly could get it sent into the UPS pipeline without verizon intercepting.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Anyone else have companies that refuse to deliver to the UPS Store? We live someplace without mail service to our house. We have no other address except our UPS store address. But Verizon Wireless refuses to deliver! Verizon Wireless and modern day redlining of UPS Store mailboxes.

Anyone have suggestions on how to deal with vendors? It would seem UPS needs to get a grip on this... this is the second vendor in a few short months that did the same thing.

Where do you live. Mt. Kilimanjaro

OoopsUser

LOL Kilimanjaro. No, but not far off. We don't have high speed internet here - only 4G from AT&T or Verizon... with a repeater and directional yagi antenna. UPS itself would technically delivery here, and I do love UPS, but they aren't able to get through all the time when weather is bad. Just seems crazy we pay good money to have a mailbox at UPS Store - who does great themselves - but then certain companies won't deliver. Very frustrating. (Yes, I did figure out to just buy the SIM card.)

WTFm8

UPS doesn’t ship to PO Boxes.

Ask the manager at the UPS store how to address your parcels.

May be able to put UPS store #xxxx then CC ”your name” and box number then the stores address.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
LOL Kilimanjaro. No, but not far off. We don't have high speed internet here - only 4G from AT&T or Verizon... with a repeater and directional yagi antenna. UPS itself would technically delivery here, and I do love UPS, but they aren't able to get through all the time when weather is bad. Just seems crazy we pay good money to have a mailbox at UPS Store - who does great themselves - but then certain companies won't deliver. Very frustrating. (Yes, I did figure out to just buy the SIM card.)

Murder mountain?

Star B

White Lightening
UPS doesn’t ship to PO Boxes.
They don't deliver to "PO boxes" directly, but if your local post office is part of the Real Address initiative, then you can have UPS/FDX deliver your package "120 Your Post Office St #POBOX, Your City, YS 55111" and the post office will put it in your box or a parcel locker.... typically the next day.

It's a service the post office offers and you have to subscribe to.

I'm sure VZW puts a "Can't-Redirect" policy on their packages, otherwise I'd say order it with your real address and then access point it.

F

Frankie's Friend

Verizon needs a sig from the consignee instead of the store employee?

Star B

White Lightening
Verizon needs a sig from the consignee instead of the store employee?
Some VZW is DSR (Direct Signature)... must be address of the recipient, no redirection, no note allowed. Most of VZW is ISR for the expensive stuff or NSR (no sig) for the crap.

Thats crazy! How can anyone refuse to deliver to a UPS Store? Whats the reason?
It's not refuse to deliver, it's refuse to ship to. UPS stores are franchises and I'm sure not every single franchise is upstanding so apparently there's a ton of fraud that goes thru them, so VZW said "No more UPS stores."

I'm sure if UPS stores were UPS owned and VZW had someone at UPS to call to get video from store #69 for a scammy customer... they would change their mind.

F

Frankie's Friend

Some VZW is DSR (Direct Signature)... must be address of the recipient, no redirection, no note allowed. Most of VZW is ISR for the expensive stuff or NSR (no sig) for the crap.
Yeah, that was my point for the op to consider.
Thx

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Thats crazy! How can anyone refuse to deliver to a UPS Store? Whats the reason?
Fraud. I’ve always had UPS stores on my route, I couldn’t count how many times the employees tell me Homeland Security, ATF, local sheriffs come looking for information on people.

Interesting fact, the UPS Store is under non obligation to release any information on customers without a warrant. Another interesting fact, they are also free to cooperate with law enforcement if they do choose.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Switch to FedEx Verizon.

Heavy Package

LOL Kilimanjaro. No, but not far off. We don't have high speed internet here

It's weirdos like you that go and post negative reviews how so and so won't deliver to your front door of your shack and how no one provides good service, etc. etc. Just move somewhere normal. Like we GAF about your tiny home and how it's going to save the planet.