UPS STRIKE IN AUG?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Yup, it’s a damn shame all the people with pre-existing conditions can get coverage now.

And the rest of us who take good care of ourselves get to pay more in order to subsidize it. If that's what an insurer wants to do, fine by me, but to mandate coverage is just stupid.

59 Dano

Yes that happened, there used to be lifetime caps for coverage. Insurance would hit the cap and stop paying for drugs and treatment. People died to avoid the financial burden on their families. People avoided going to the doctor in the first place because of the cost and when they did it was too late.

And you know as well as I do that that was, by FAR, a rare exception and not the rule. Hospitals continued to treat them and attempted to recoup as much of the expense as they could from the patients' estates when they died or otherwise stopped receiving treatment.

59 Dano

Yup and he made them worse, that’s not even debatable. He eliminated the individual mandate and eliminated cost sharing payments to the insurance companies. Both policies increase premiums for the rest of us and we get nothing in return, and fewer people are insured. MAGA!

The mandate was an atrocity and anyone who supported it is a fool.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
And the rest of us who take good care of ourselves get to pay more in order to subsidize it. If that's what an insurer wants to do, fine by me, but to mandate coverage is just stupid.

And you know as well as I do that that was, by FAR, a rare exception and not the rule. Hospitals continued to treat them and attempted to recoup as much of the expense as they could from the patients' estates when they died or otherwise stopped receiving treatment.

The mandate was an atrocity and anyone who supported it is a fool.

a11ae7fe2df0ae567f4f499b591e5f055eee2456.jpg

59 Dano

The shop steward comment at the end of the article is just ridiculous? The more drivers the better? Is this idiot serious? Regardless of pay rate? SMDH

The more drivers, the better for the Teamsters. More drivers = more dues. Isn't the steward supposed to represent the dues payers instead of the IBT itself?

dvalleyjim

LOL
You have no idea how bad it is out there do you?
If they tell me I can drive for $20 an hour I'd do it in a heartbeat. You know what I make right now? $10 an hour. You know what I make at my other job? $8.25. I work 7 days a week because I have to have 2 jobs because my part time ones pay :censored2:. You guys are crying about your $60 overtime "lifestyle" while guys like me struggle to find enough money for food. Believe me, they will have zero problem finding staff for those driver jobs.

I make over 20/hr now based on 8 hr day. I work 11 hour days though.
Oh, Sandwich. I am doing your job!