UPS strike

zeev

News flash: talked to an RTD ,who told me since the pilots signed their new contract the planes are on time. Amazing how that works.

Serf

No, I definitely sympathize. My point is without that union, you’d be in the same boat making $15 an hour with no benefits like they do with FedEx Ground. You really should check out Fat Freddy’s “industry leading pay and benefits” to see why unions are useful.
I don’t know what the national average is for ground pay and benefits. I do know by me it’s 22$ an hour. The contractor model exists to be the antithesis to undercut union wages. Ground is the closest thing to UPS without the same courtesy or customer service.

Thebrownblob

I grossed 62k. Which after taxes,misc,401k,benefits,etc; is a net average of about 900 a week take home. This is based on roughly 40 hrs. Plus or minus small amounts of OT.
Yikes, brother, I’m more than doubled what you make and that does not even count the seven weeks of vacation I have. My insurance that I pay nothing for, that is probably the best insurance in the country, and my retirement, and I never once worked 14 hours and my body is not crippled you’re worth a lot more than that and the company you work for is screwing you.

Serf

Yikes, brother, I’m more than doubled what you make and that does not even count the seven weeks of vacation I have. My insurance that I pay nothing for, that is probably the best insurance in the country, and my retirement, and I never once worked 14 hours and my body is not crippled you’re worth a lot more than that and the company you work for is screwing you.
Do you live in Alabama or North Dakota. I live in the tri state. I’ve never heard of UPS guys not leaving the house at 7:30 and getting home at 20:30.

Thebrownblob

Do you live in Alabama or North Dakota. I live in the tri state. I’ve never heard of UPS guys not leaving the house at 7:30 and getting home at 20:30 ca
No, but I work out of one of the largest hubs in the country and I usually get home around 6 -6:30PM. I don’t even start till 9am unless I choose to start early. Even before I had a lot of seniority 20:30 was pretty rare. If I worked that late, it was because they pissed me off or peak.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
But unfortunately your wife spends twice as much
IMG_2588.gif

Gone fishin

Exactly. I’m lucky enough where my wife makes a lot more than a UPS driver and I can make fedex express money. She works 40 hours and I’m right at it. Everyone has their own situation.

I’m a lucky man