UPS/Teamsters Conference Call Jan. 28 at 6pm EST.

badpal

Denis said ups’ trump tax break would be a billon dollars.... I wonder if the IBT is guessing or if ups has “offered up” that info... I would think something like that would already have been stated by the union... it’s a fair point TO bring up...
Any mention of what the Trump tax breaks would save the Teamsters? Any mention of a dues freeze or payback?

F

Frankie's Friend

Not real sure what people were expecting from this call, considering the negotiations to this point have consisted of both sides exchanging their wish-list proposals while flat-out rejecting them.

Update us sometime around Memorial Day.
Iwas expecting mr taylor to give more detail on how they were tsking on the harassment issue since it was brought up to him twice in the "questions" and explain the proposols more in depth like why they proposed striking the whole surepost language from the contract,etc,etc. He was just dodging his way through some of thr topics. For those that read the proposols it was just hauling wster to the sea.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
How does a UPSer's wife or mother end up on a phone number list for a contract conference call?....you tell me???

Nobody had to sign up for that call, even still, how many wives and mothers do you supposed registered?

Could they have used a 3rd party call company... who maybe have data tracking phone numbers from the same family... that number we all called was probably 3rd party... you guys know how these corporations track all this info, and sell it to other companies.... it’s probably staggering the amount of info they know about us... especially in the smartphone era....

Everyone can probably loosen the straps, on their tinfoil hat.

I go to a hub in Denis T's local every night, it's wall to wall supervisors working. I wouldn't get my hopes up that this guy is going to get us a whole lot.

If you are observing these violations;

Are you filing grievances ?

At the vary least, contact the Local Union to inform them.

Just say'n.... that's what I would do.

Put the onus on them, with documentation.

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Everyone can probably loosen the straps, on their tinfoil hat.
"Tinfoil hat"???

Perhaps you could remove your blinders or the gag from your mouth???

The IBT obviously obtained phone numbers for spouses and family members of UPS Teamsters......how???

It is certainly a reasonable question.

~Bbbl~™

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
If you are observing these violations;

Are you filing grievances ?

At the vary least, contact the Local Union to inform them.

Just say'n.... that's what I would do.

Put the onus on them, with documentation.

-Bug-
It's not my local so I wasn't sure how that would work as far as filing a grievance. I've talked to some of the drivers from that building and they don't seem to care.

ski or die

Ski or Die
I thought ups wanted to eliminate the counter to bring more people into the local ups stores... I heard that from my ups store on my route before I got into feeders....are the counter personnel union????
Yes, always have been union clerical positions for at least 50 years, was one of my early positions at UPS. Just another attempt to eliminate union jobs and outsource to non-union people. Lower wages and benefits without ability to strike.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Denis mentioned "By the union's calculations" UPS will save 'well over' $1 Billion a year in tax cuts. What they do with it is a whole other question
Ups always waters down these numbers.... look at surepost over the last few years... you guys think ups has been upfront with how many packages have been going to the post office...hell, in some areas they are taking mashers full of packages there.... that’s a serious problem!!!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Hardly.

If that's the case....

Members are dumber than I thought.

It's time, for me to set up a patreon page.

-Bug-
You might as well???....

....because despite what you may think, that "TDU label" doesn't carry with it near the stigma you like to believe, with 99% of the membership.

All you do here with your TDU rhetoric is induce curiosity that is further fueled by past and present inadequacies within the Teamsters.

I'm not buying, but obviously enough are to have TDU persisting into their fifth decade.

~Bbbl~™

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I’m looking for UPS’s response to our proposals or what UPS brought to the table as their proposals.

Anyone have this info?
I agreed with this, fueled only by curiosity and anxiety.

Reality is, while I feel we deserve to know what proposals were brought forward by the Union, I also see a necessity for the rest of the negotiations to move forward behind closed doors, with their cards close to their chests.

Last thing we need in these negotiations is for them to take place on the docks, for the Company to scrutinize.

It is now time, whether you are happy with who it is or not, to let our elected officials to do their jobs. :anxious:

Last edited: