UPS Teamsters keeping their next two Wage increases

Hockeyparent

According to my union hall, i don't have 11 years. I have 27 more to go. You better believe I will be putting into my 401K. I advise everyone to do the same, I feel bad for those that have retired, relying on Pension. I've known a few over the years to not have anything else, very sad. I have also in the past asked our Friends in Management to bring in someone to explain to everyone how important our 401K contributions are, I guess you would understand that no one came to talk to us.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hockeyparent

One of my recently retired co-workers, who already lost 50% of his pension to his ex, will be losing 33%. He went from $5,400/month down to $1,800/month. There are rumors that he wants to come back to work.

Hockeyparent

Well, if you want my two cents in the issue. If i could go across the street and make what I make at UPS. My management team would treat me a little bit different. Our CEO is pushing so hard for the trade deal under President Obama. That makes me cautious about voting Democrat this year. And it should you too. I am interested in US jobs. I will vote for the candidate that wants to create jobs here.

None of them do my friend.

Now we need a solution to the pension problem.
I believe after the election if trump loses The Central states will receive a solution of some sort. It is one of the larger plans out there. Then they will possibly work off of this. Trump wins and there is no solution. Republicans don't not want to help with Zika. You pension isn't even in their wheelhouse. Just saying

Hockeyparent

Our Pension is Our concern. Not for the general public. The general public will not be happy about bailing out Teamsters, Think about it.

Its not a Presidential Debate topic, because you couldn't even sell it to the people who are going to be affected.

Our Pension is Our concern. Not for the general public. The general public will not be happy about bailing out Teamsters, Think about it.

Its not a Presidential Debate topic, because you couldn't even sell it to the people who are going to be affected.
The mortgage industry and the credit card industry we none of my concern either. Older people who built this great countries pensions should be the governments concern. When they can't pay their bills the government will be on the hook and you know how that goes for the tax payers.

Hockeyparent

If they break the Pension, they break the Union. All that I am concerned with in the present moment is trying to figure out how to not let the Trustee's take our next two raises. Its not going to help the issue. And for the person that is making $35/ hour that is where the rest of us should be. i am guessing his OT is scrutinized a little bit more $52.50/hour. thats almost three dollars more than me. thats what UPS doesn't have to pay me.. thats a lot of pebbles in the grand canyon.

Hockeyparent

UPS will go to 6 days a week. if it opens more opportunity for us to put more into my 401k i am all for it. UPS corporate decided to lend a hand to the post office, instead of putting a nail in the coffin. Why? They are cheap labor for UPS. Union contract should of never allowed for that too happen. And shame on UPS for exploiting our poor Post Office brethren. All the guys and gals I talk to don't really mind the overtime, it allows for them to save two days of their work week towards the time they don't want to work.

UPS will go to 6 days a week. if it opens more opportunity for us to put more into my 401k i am all for it. UPS corporate decided to lend a hand to the post office, instead of putting a nail in the coffin. Why? They are cheap labor for UPS. Union contract should of never allowed for that too happen. And shame on UPS for exploiting our poor Post Office brethren. All the guys and gals I talk to don't really mind the overtime, it allows for them to save two days of their work week towards the time they don't want to work.
The use casuals for Sunday deliveries.