UPS Teamsters keeping their next two Wage increases

Hockeyparent

I am asking to see how many NYS teamsters are interested in trying to keep their next two wage increases? As I see it. We are going to be giving another $1.40 towards the pension that will still be going into default. Am I completely misguided here? And one other question. How much per hour have we already gave them? I understand we will never get that money back. I am trying to gather support to make sure we can keep what they are planning on taking in the future.

Hockeyparent

Here is a basis for what I am thinking...

40 hours/weekly * $1.40 = $56 * 52weeks = $2080 * 20 years = $41,600

I could go into OT amounts but that is different for everyone, as I can tell that is a pretty good chunk of change that could be better served in my 401K or private investments. Not too mention the amount that is already gone, UPS management hates every single one of us, mostly its because we are all thieves and liars. But you know and I know thats not true. Why do we give our Company such a hard time but never, ever question the Union Trustees?

Hockeyparent

Furthermore, the money that is gone already. Is the Pension recieving our Over Time wage? I am pretty sure they are just taking our Hourly wage. So, no one should wonder why their trucks are loaded to the max and your out for 11-12 hours. As UPS sees it, they are making money on our OT. The madness needs to stop. Union Hall sends letter, we need your wages. WE ask how much? They say $2.00/per hour. Well that doesn't seem like much, to save the pension. Sign me up! Pension is gone folks, they can lie to us all they want. We've been sold down the river, take what is ours before they take even more. The Union has no money for the Pension, But can give the democratic party 1.7 million to sell us further down the river. What we do is admirable! Stop being played for a fool.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Pension contributions, which are about $9/hr, are made on straight hours only.

We have already been through 2 rounds of raise diversions---didn't work.

I admire your passion but the reality is we are losing 20% beginning 7/1/2017.

Hockeyparent

So how can we reverse this? We are one of three Pensions to apply for relief. How does taking our wages help? is it because its part of the Trustee's rehabilitation plan? Wouldn't it be better to cut the multi-employer pension and create a single-employer. Save our Wages.

Hockeyparent

Like in Central States? I think the MPRA act of 2014 was to avoid that situation in the future, so companies would not be on the hook for the money again. i could totally be wrong on that. Ideal solution would be to replace Trustee's with people who know how to make good solid sound investments. Ethically! UPS teamsters who have retired since I've been an employee going out on $5500/per month. When they never brought that much home when they worked? Seems like i must be missing something. I also know most of them had 1/2 of what my workload is daily, and most if not all used to sit behind buildings or at home for two hours a day. basically the reason why we are tracked to death. I am not here to call them out on what the company used to be and what the company has become. Our pension trustee's are coming to explain some things to us, and I want to be right with the information I am gathering. We need to save our future wages. WE can do better than this. WE Deserve better than this. UPS is a physically and mentally demanding job. Especially now, as I see it, every intersection could be my last @ UPS. Every customer interaction could be my last for UPS. Lets give ourselves some credit and demand more from our Union Trustee's. This is unacceptable.

5habits100

image.png

Hockeyparent

I am not for Fred, this has nothing to do with any of that. I am asking a legitimate question. How much more in wages are enough to satisfy a pension that is going to be defunded anyhow? I can and I do save much of my paycheck. I do not want to work at UPS for 46 years, I cannot physically handle it now in my 19th year. Leave the TDU out of this and realize what I am asking for.

I am not for Fred, this has nothing to do with any of that. I am asking a legitimate question. How much more in wages are enough to satisfy a pension that is going to be defunded anyhow? I can and I do save much of my paycheck. I do not want to work at UPS for 46 years, I cannot physically handle it now in my 19th year. Leave the TDU out of this and realize what I am asking for.
Ask the Mods to add On Topic to the title of your thread

Hockeyparent

MY WAGES ARE IMPORTANT. I have already given them a new roof at my home. How much of the money that has been taken from us, already. How has it helped to satisfy the pension trouble we are in? Ive got a package.... not sure what you mean? I am not on the website much, over the years I've watched discussions, I just decided to start a thread that is important to me and my co workers. SO i am not sure what you mean by that comment, do elaborate.

MY WAGES ARE IMPORTANT. I have already given them a new roof at my home. How much of the money that has been taken from us, already. How has it helped to satisfy the pension trouble we are in? Ive got a package.... not sure what you mean? I am not on the website much, over the years I've watched discussions, I just decided to start a thread that is important to me and my co workers. SO i am not sure what you mean by that comment, do elaborate.
Do you vote for republicans?