UPS Teamsters National Master Contract 2023

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Higher starting pay for pters

stronger 9.5 language

the real problem is upser apathy when it comes to voting......

YOU PEOPLE DON'T VOTE!!!!!! and then spend the next 5 years complaining about the new contract.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
He wont be there long. If the cars get 8.7 hrs,(in their imaginary time) maybe but let them come in underdispatched a few times his head will be on the block.
The masses of drivers would probably be happy if he doesn't last long. He's already been to panel a bunch of times due to clashes with drivers.

Anyhow, it seems a ton of routes are underdispatched. They come in under 8 hours and then have to argue about being code 5 or going back out to help to complete 8 hours.

Its_a_me

Starting wages for both PT and FT.

Higher starting pay for pters

stronger 9.5 language

the real problem is upser apathy when it comes to voting......

YOU PEOPLE DON'T VOTE!!!!!! and then spend the next 5 years complaining about the new contract.

Only a loser union would even begin to talk about STARTING pay for either FT or PT. That is a complete waste of negotiating capital.

The still record demand for hiring is already taking care of starting pay. UPS was forced to raise these rates without union input. Why begin to waste bargain power when UPS will be forced to keep addressing this issue themselves. The union can claim it is doing UPS a favor and not even negotiate this issue knowing the company will have to raise wages or get practically no one.

Instead focus negotiations on EXISTING PT and FT wages. Either through wage increases or decreased progression timing until top rates are achieved.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Only a loser union would even begin to talk about STARTING pay for either FT or PT. That is a complete waste of negotiating capital.

The still record demand for hiring is already taking care of starting pay. UPS was forced to raise these rates without union input. Why begin to waste bargain power when UPS will be forced to keep addressing this issue themselves. The union can claim it is doing UPS a favor and not even negotiate this issue knowing the company will have to raise wages or get practically no one.

Instead focus negotiations on EXISTING PT and FT wages. Either through wage increases or decreased progression timing until top rates are achieved.
Decreased progression timing...I like that. 3 year progression. 23, 29, 42 or something if the like.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

So True..They have been paying over the contractual starting rate since the pandemic started just to get bodies. An increase in the starting rate is a given more so for the our starting full time positions.

GWI will probably start out at a dollar with COLA still in place and go up 50 cents more annually.

Health and Welfare contributions might remain the same depending on how the Health Market raises their rates. generally those are raised 20 dollars a week or .50 per hour for a straight 40 hour workweek..Overtime not included.

Pensions will change..that is the real battle..expect the Company to eliminate the Part Time Pension benefit in the Central and Southern and replace it with the portable matched 401K..that might sell. Those Teamsters under a Monetary Contribution plan like the West will continue to accrue benefits, they have to be close to 100 % vested even with the downturn of our stock markets, bonds and annuities. That bail out of primarily the Central States Fund was heavily lobbied by the Company and Union, it looks like that is a done deal. What kind of strings are attached we will see, but definitely the Feds will be overseeing the running of these underfunded pension trusts.

Really the only way that the Company can decrease operating costs is with the Pension contributions, maybe reduce the raises with their monetary contributions for those plans that are doing well. All three the GWI, Health and Welfare and Pension are interchangeable, so any monetary contributions can be transferred annually to either one. The past formula for hourly increases has been pretty much the same for the most part..80 cents to a dollar for (GWI)...50 cents for (Health and Welfare)...and another 50 cents toward (Pension Contributions).

Where these Pension Contributions are being distributed is another issue considering we have members that haven't had pension increases for decades?

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Leaving at 9 is embarrassing? You small town center people make me laugh. Probably get one package car of air a day brought to you. ;)
We are small citied and get 4 trailers of air just in our center alone. We have 78 bid routes

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
no pvds, make driver helper work the same way as double shifting includin wages, posted PT sheets for transferring shift and area positions. expand break to 15 minutes instead of 10. Shall not discipline for theft of time if employee is concerned about their health or safety or is otherwise feeling unwell. PT air drivers may abandon their position and reapply in 1 year.

PT to FT earn 3/4 vacation weeks instead of 1/2. Union is allowed to independently review the facts behind a disqualified driver. Union may sponser 1 in every 15 qualifying drivers (more specific stuff here) to help promote inside employees. earned vacation weeks can be selected last when qualified instead of paid out.

FT may abandon back to PT, they must complete a second progression wage series when going back to FT.

Last edited:

AccidentProne

Beards. All the old guys are up in arms about them and will strike if they don't get rid of them.
Is this real?
Too much overtime. The faster I get home the longer I can drink beer
Can we trade?
  • Forced 6 punch
  • 9.5 language
  • In cab cameras
  • 22.4s and saturday deliveries
  • Part time wages
  • Subcontractor work
  • Pensions
  • Harassment
Why is that such a big deal? If you're doing your job correctly, I can't see it being bad. I would prefer it for security, Ie robbed or attacked.

FozziesDeliveries

I should specify Driver Facing cameras. I have seen alot of people talking about what all i listed and saw alot of those items included on the survey in the teamster ap. I can without a doubt see the company abusing cameras like crazy. "You were scratching your face then got in a wreck, distracted driving! You stood for a couple seconds before opening the bulk head door, you were stealing time!" Yes if you are doing everything you should you should theoretically be fine, but it just seems like another easy avenue for more harassment and abuse. No thank you.