UPS tells customers they begin training management today on how to keep packages moving during a strike

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Not all of them are pond scum but I get your point. However, you also forget that there are managers in other area such as finance, accounting, IT, custom, logistics, building maintenance, sales, legal, and so on.
All UPS management are scum that will throw you under the bus the moment it will help them in any way. Never trust them or allow to mingle in your personal life. It WILL come back around eventually. Ask me how I know?

Rule of thumb:
If their lips are moving, they are lying.

Last edited:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Won't take long to begin to put a dent in any strike. Wont be perfect, but the longer the strike the better any replacement workforce will become. Technology really has simplified the job.

Mutineer

I often daydream about working for OnTrac. Their standards are so ridiculously low it cracks me up. I wanna personally investigate the limit of what you can get away with there. Like rocking a sweatpants boner while chucking a parcel into a storm drain type stuff.

Also the DHL guys seem to have a pretty cushy gig from what I’ve seen.

I’d rather flip burgers than work for FedEx or Amazon.
I don’t know why anyone would even consider FedEx over ups

I think that individual experiences while working for (or simply getting hired) by different carriers is dictated by regional circumstances.

In my area of California I've observed the following: getting hired at FedEx Ground or OnTrac is easy. If you apply and can fog a mirror you WILL get a call to come in, although that call may take months. Getting hired at FedEx Express is a bit exclusive and requires an "in" or a diversity qualifier. Getting hired at UPS is like playing for years and finally winning the lottery. People will cut each other's throats and pimp their mothers to get hired at UPS. The USPS is a meat-grinder and they fire people constantly over nonsense while simultaneously crying "labor shortage!" DHL seems pretty cushy. I have no idea what they make, but a guy I saw driving DHL for years lived in a scummy trailer park and was quite obese.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
That rule applies everywhere where there are management critters. And doubly true if the company is large enough to have a Human Resources department.
Not the way it applies here. I’ve had many jobs and nothing compares to these life-sucking vampires desperate for a promotion. It’s like they get rewarded for screwing people.

RTS313

I often daydream about working for OnTrac. Their standards are so ridiculously low it cracks me up. I wanna personally investigate the limit of what you can get away with there. Like rocking a sweatpants boner while chucking a parcel into a storm drain type stuff.

Also the DHL guys seem to have a pretty cushy gig from what I’ve seen.

I’d rather flip burgers than work for FedEx or Amazon.
DHL where are they in America was told they’re a big international operation

PAS'd out

This ain't rocket science
They couldn't move crap in '97 when there were actually non union employees working here (payroll, HR, DI, etc). They are completely delusional if they think they can move any substantial amount of work that has not already occurred.

twotwofour

I wonder how much cash UPS has on hand. Can they "hibernate" for 2 weeks until the strike fund runs out. Ghost every building, don't even turn on the lights.

Shorts365

DHL where are they in America was told they’re a big international operation
I think DHL is the state sponsored postal service of Germany. Here in the USA they mainly deliver international stuff but a couple times they delivered me personally some records from South Carolina. The DHL driver I see all the time has an area that’s 3 of our loops. They’re Teamsters as well.

*I’m in a small-medium sized metropolitan area. Not sure if DHL is in all markets.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I wonder how much cash UPS has on hand. Can they "hibernate" for 2 weeks until the strike fund runs out. Ghost every building, don't even turn on the lights.
How many customers will we have after two weeks of no pickups or deliveries?

I bet a full shutdown for two weeks with no warning to our customers would cut our company into at least half its size.

anonymous23456

I think DHL is the state sponsored postal service of Germany. Here in the USA they mainly deliver international stuff but a couple times they delivered me personally some records from South Carolina. The DHL driver I see all the time has an area that’s 3 of our loops. They’re Teamsters as well.

*I’m in a small-medium sized metropolitan area. Not sure if DHL is in all markets.
If you buy anything from a company in China, DHL ships them to their facility in California and then gives it to USPS. They have their own version of "SurePost".

Shorts365

How many customers will we have after two weeks of no pickups or deliveries?

I bet a full shutdown for two weeks with no warning to our customers would cut our company into at least half its size.
A few of the pickup accounts on my route that we’ve had longer than I’ve been alive are agitated at even the prospect of having to figure out what to do if we go on strike.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
If you buy anything from a company in China, DHL ships them to their facility in California and then gives it to USPS. They have their own version of "SurePost".
We bought some kids shoes from Germany and that's what happened as well.
Didn't fit, checked at the customer counter to return them...$135. wow

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
A few of the pickup accounts on my route that we’ve had longer than I’ve been alive are agitated at even the prospect of having to figure out what to do if we go on strike.
I’ve had multiple large shippers highly concerned on my route. They don’t want to go Fedex, but this setup isn’t leaving them with many options…

anonymous23456

That rule applies everywhere where there are management critters. And doubly true if the company is large enough to have a Human Resources department.
There is a theory that only narcissists can become CEO or VP. There are exceptions though.

Was George Washinton a narcissist? I don't think so.