UPS to Active Duty Air Force back to UPS

Nimnim

The Nim
I worked at UPS while I was on delayed enlistment (awaiting an opening for basic training). Now I'm about to retire if I want to go back to UPS do I have any seniority? If not (not to sound privileged) am I entitled to anything?

Sincerely,
18 years in the Air Force!

Thank you for your service, even if it was in the Air Force :raspberry-tounge:. Did you work at UPS 18 years ago and then served in the military the entire time, or did you have stints where you were not active service and working for UPS during those 18 years? If it's the former I don't believe UPS has to hold a position for you that long. If they don't have to hold a position I don't believe you're entitled to anything, but that long ago I don't know the pension requirements, you might have been vested and coming back should restart the contributions to that. This is definitely something you want to contact the union and HR about as they're more likely to have the information you want even if you have to pester them about it. You might get lucky here but it's most likely to be smart ass remarks or conversations between posters not related to your post.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Do air Force guys have bodies like the Marines ?
Some.

20160923_094703.jpg

MendozaJ

Do air Force guys have bodies like the Marines ?

A closer comparison would be a Lucille Roberts spin class instructor. Airmen take their PFT on a stationary bike.

Little known fact: If a service member wants to switch branches and join the Marines, he/she MUST go through boot camp. If a Marine wants to switch branches, well, no need for basic training. Can't make em any harder.

Little known fact: If a service member wants to switch branches and join the Marines, he/she MUST go through boot camp. If a Marine wants to switch branches, well, no need for basic training. Can't make em any harder.

We have a person in our facility who did 12 years USAF, then served in the USMC for a bulk of the current wars.

At the tail end of their career they were drafting maneuvers for civilian shows and "what if" scenarios (which I guess there are a ton of, basically A-Z rundowns and changes in troop movement or quantity or vehicles or supplies with every base and backup covered). Essentially anything that could go wrong in some way. They said it was like writing the same thing over and over 100 times with a few word changes here and there.

It's a shame that the positions eventually took their mental toll on this person. Two grams of seroquel a day can't be good.

I am super glad our center manager served for a long time because this person has enough grief in their life and they are completely hands off to supervisors. To me, that's awesome. I gained a lot of respect for my manager the day I found out.

Aim high, fly-fight-win.

Thanks for your service, sir or ma'am.

I wish you only the best, and all the best.