UPS to Deliver For L.L.Bean

Leftinbuilding

I'll be darned-- they are still around. In their day they were a BIG account for us

I remember delivering Spiegel, then going back a couple days later and picking up the same item on a call tag. Seemed like everything I delivered was returned. I couldn't understand how they could stay in business when most of the stuff was returned.

rod

Retired 22 years
I remember delivering Spiegel, then going back a couple days later and picking up the same item on a call tag. Seemed like everything I delivered was returned. I couldn't understand how they could stay in business when most of the stuff was returned.

I had ladies that actually admitted to me that they used Spiegal like a clothes lending store. They would get their outfit on wed. or thursday- wear it for their shindig over the weekend and return it the next week. The same women did this over and over and over. I too also wondered how they stayed in business.

COSMOS

This isn't about LL Bean but we got handed a newsletter today that said Amazon is switching to exclusively FedEx this month. I imagine most of the volume would be SmartPost... like LL Bean was. The numbers it gave were like 80 million pieces per year. Is that true?

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
This isn't about LL Bean but we got handed a newsletter today that said Amazon is switching to exclusively FedEx this month. I imagine most of the volume would be SmartPost... like LL Bean was. The numbers it gave were like 80 million pieces per year. Is that true?

Can't imagine Amazon dumping us and going with friend-up I mean FDX. When is this going to be announced?

moreluck

golden ticket member
FedEx loses LL Bean and goes down a few dollars today - understandable.

UPS wins LL Bean's business and also goes down a couple bucks today - WHAT ??!!:biting:

Hangingon

I really hope that bit about Amazon isn't true. There are some days a third of my route is Amazon. Someone at work was saying they heard Eddie Bauer switched to Fed-Ex also, but I haven't been able to verify that one.

bad company

semi-pro

Source?

bad company

semi-pro
Tracking Your Package
If you have a tracking or delivery confirmation number, you can track your package by clicking the Track Packages Link in Your Account. The shipping method and carrier for your package will be listed in Your Account and in your shipment confirmation e-mail. If you need to contact the carrier, you'll find contact information below.
Note: To speed delivery, shippers may not location-scan all of their shipments. When shipping volume is high, packages are processed in bulk, and the first time a package is scanned may be upon arrival at a regional hub near the destination, or even when the package is delivered. If you don't see any tracking data for your shipment, and the estimated delivery date has not yet passed, please do not be concerned.
Some shipments, such as Standard International shipments, are not trackable.
If you're not sure whether your order has been shipped, check the status of your recent orders in Your Account.

UPS
  • Package Tracking:
  • Phone: 1-800-742-5877
U.S. Postal Service
  • Priority Mail Package Tracking:
A1 Courier Services
  • Package Tracking:
ABF Freight System, Inc.
  • Package Tracking:
  • E-mail:
  • Phone: 1-800-610-5544
Airborne Express
  • Airborne Express and DHL have merged.
  • Package Tracking:
  • Phone: 1-800-225-5345
CEVA Logistics (Formerly Eagle Freight)
  • Package Tracking:
  • Phone: 1-800-888-4949
Dynamex
  • Package Tracking:
  • Phone: 1-206-574-7180
Enroute
  • Package Tracking:
  • Phone: 1-800-560-5488
FedEx
  • Package Tracking:
  • Phone: 1-800-463-3339
Menlo Worldwide/UPS Supply Chain Solutions
  • Package Tracking:
  • Phone: 1-800-443-6379
Parcel Pool
  • Package Tracking:
  • Phone: 1-877-727-2354
Pilot
  • Package Tracking:
  • Phone: 1-800-447-4568
WPX
  • Package Tracking:
  • Phone: 1- 253-876-2760
The above came from Amazon's website. I doubt that they would stop using all these companies, and switch to FedEx exclusively.

Last edited:

sano

I just ordered 2 books from amazon. I picked Amazon because I see there packages come thru our system. I was not happy when they shipped USPS. To add insult to injury the one book was "Driving Change, the UPS approach to Business"
Now that hurts.
I guess I need to check who Barnes and Nobel ships with.

drewed

Shankman
I just ordered 2 books from amazon. I picked Amazon because I see there packages come thru our system. I was not happy when they shipped USPS. To add insult to injury the one book was "Driving Change, the UPS approach to Business"
Now that hurts.

I dont think Ive ever seen a barnes and noble package.......
Have you read it yet?

drewed

Shankman
Just started. Looks pretty interesting. However, it may be a bit "press releasish"

The first 1/3 of it is, towards the end it gets better. I enjoyed the read, I read maybe the first 50 or 60 pages and stopped for awhile bc it was kinda dry and then one day I picked it up and finished it in an afternoon.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I had ladies that actually admitted to me that they used Spiegal like a clothes lending store. They would get their outfit on wed. or thursday- wear it for their shindig over the weekend and return it the next week. The same women did this over and over and over. I too also wondered how they stayed in business.

I had a few tell me the same thing. They would order something to wear for the weekend, and then I would come back with a Call Tag the next week. I still see one every once in a while, I think the shipper number is 111-112.

I dont think Ive ever seen a barnes and noble package.......

I see a few of these everyday. I have lots of Amazon though, that will be a major loss if we lose them. I was talking to a Nothwestern pilot today I hadn't seen in a while. He said he knew a few Fedex pilots and he said they have been very worried lately......

disneyworld

Now that hurts.
We get a discount from B&N-5% I think.