UPS Uprising at Local 952!

rpoz11

I went thru this whole thread and saw nothing posted by you regarding "propaganda".

TOS speaks from experience in what goes on in his Local's processes.

Without knowing much about your Local, and not knowing if you are a member of one, none of us could expect that every Local operates the same.

Every area I've seen views and operates accordingly.

So again, not sure what you mean.

LagunaBrown

LAGUNA,

952 will face the same cards.

Laguna, you didnt vote, and that is the biggest weakness in your argument. You blame others for not helping you, but you didnt help yourself. Having your name on a list doesnt make you a good steward. Your voice in this contract argument is mute.

For the record, I hope the members of 952 understand that you Tim N. failed to vote in one of the most important contracts in UPS member history.

Peace

TOS

A) Your not in my Local
B) I guess I could have got some kraft paper and made my own ballot since I didn't get one (but you know it wouldn't be accepted)
C) I was an alternate steward for 6 over years and when I ran for steward not even 1 reformer challenged me. If I sucked do you think that would happen? I even challenged the TDU reform 952 slate to run someone against me but they were too busy hiding behind user names typing crap on people to do something in the real world.
D) For the record YOU either quit or got voted off the Eboard but cant admit it or your name when I claim mine..... That's an EPIC FAIL for you.
E) What 952 members understand is I win grievances for them and you are a shadow (from another local none the less) that has no idea what I do day to day. Your accusations are baseless and its none of my buisness to care what a 396 flunky thinks. Ya had your chance and ya blew it at YOUR local and I get that your bitter. Just step up and put on your big kid pants on, form your own slate and type less crap online. If you truly are a champion for the members and have the integrity you think you have then you should have no problem.
friend) Have a nice life ;)

rpoz11

LagunaBrown says :
"A) Your not in my Local"
Response :
correct and 396 & 952 all belong to the Western Conference AND Joint Council 42

LagunaBrown says:
"B) I guess I could have got some kraft paper and made my own ballot"
Response: That's your reply as a representative of the Teamsters as a Steward?
You owe paying members more than this as your response.

LagunaBrown says:
"C) I was an alternate steward for 6 over years.
Not even 1 reformer challenged me.
Response:
It takes some reformer to challenge, or run for a Steward position?
Or, are you selectively not stating there could have been others; not a reformer as you call it?
LagunaBrown says:
"If I sucked do you think that would happen? I even challenged the TDU reform 952 slate to run someone against me"
Response: Are these "reform people" in your Center? Are they able to run for a Steward's position representing the center you ran to represent?

LagunaBrown says:
"E) What 952 members understand is I win grievances for them "
Response:
You ONLY represent the workers in your Center, and others in your building as needed.
You DO NOT represent all of the people of 952!
(However, My belief is is that Stewards shouldn't be restricted to just one group.)

LagunaBrown says:
"friend) Have a nice life"
Response:
Great job representing 952 LB.
I am sure TOS is doing just fine where he is located.

This is an open Forum.
Cheryl provides this and you should respect this.

LagunaBrown

LagunaBrown says :
"A) Your not in my Local"
Response :
correct and 396 & 952 all belong to the Western Conference AND Joint Council 42

LagunaBrown says:
"B) I guess I could have got some kraft paper and made my own ballot"
Response: That's your reply as a representative of the Teamsters as a Steward?
You owe paying members more than this as your response.

LagunaBrown says:
"C) I was an alternate steward for 6 over years.
Not even 1 reformer challenged me.
Response:
It takes some reformer to challenge, or run for a Steward position?
Or, are you selectively not stating there could have been others; not a reformer as you call it?
LagunaBrown says:
"If I sucked do you think that would happen? I even challenged the TDU reform 952 slate to run someone against me"
Response: Are these "reform people" in your Center? Are they able to run for a Steward's position representing the center you ran to represent?

LagunaBrown says:
"E) What 952 members understand is I win grievances for them "
Response:
You ONLY represent the workers in your Center, and others in your building as needed.
You DO NOT represent all of the people of 952!
(However, My belief is is that Stewards shouldn't be restricted to just one group.)

LagunaBrown says:
"friend) Have a nice life"
Response:
Great job representing 952 LB.
I am sure TOS is doing just fine where he is located.

This is an open Forum.
Cheryl provides this and you should respect this.

I noticed you left out TOS stepping up and putting on the big kid pants... How fitting you have to defend TOS as well.

LagunaBrown

So as much as I love all the attention from the Reformer clown crew lets get back on topic as I am not running for office and YOU claim there is an "uprising". So lets hear it. Who do you have that's better? I can keep an open mind even though you guys can't. Show me the money, dazzle us with you experience. It must be amazing when 3 guys from other locals are getting in 952's business. In fact wasn't Patrick K a factor in speaking up to get the MOU language in our contract? Can you imagine if the national passed and we didn't have it? With or without the no votes us having a plan separate from the central with our own trustee's that control it was the main issue. If the MOU gets done to the members satisfaction you guys are gonna look pretty dumb for talking crap on Kelly. You see Kelly got the huevos and what do you got? Stop talking crap about everyone and give us you slate or go home cause you got no creditability. How are YOU gonna make it better hiding behind a screen name?

542thruNthru

Unmask yourself 542.

Actually I would have no problem with people knowing who I am. The thing is I'm not the one openly attacking someone publicly while I hide behind a screen name. I said before I don't wanna get into your private war and I mean it. I just think if you are so passionate about your cause and think that the leaders we have are so crooked. You would wanna lead by example and not act like a dirty politician by running someones name through the mud.

(Example) I only put a first name. No last initial. Also I left it open for you to deny.

P.S. I know where you sleep!

Ahaha just kidding. Sorry I'm trying to lighten the mood a little. Carry on gentlemen.

LagunaBrown

Reform Crew: "Your intellect on the MOU is moot. As I understand some of this, the trustees of the CS Plan have powers to change things in that HC Plan. They are also voted in and out. to Member's satisfaction? Members get to vote on what H/H/&Andy M bring forward as they are appointed to negotiate this on member's behalf. I personally wish to see the WC have their own HC Plan. As someone pointed it out to me way back earlier this year, funding such a plan is difficult. After a few months of research on my own, that statement seems to be correct"

So your a professional on contract negotiation...... LOL!!!! How many time must I say it? CS plan is the worst case scenario and having the Central Sates is bad because of the Central States Trustees. This is what I have been saying since day 1 that the MOU must get done and be controlled by West Trustees (have you even read the MOU or my arguments with TOS?). You voted no cause you didn't believe it would get done, had nothing on paper and listen to Debbie Downers like TOS way too much. Our leaders get it and told the members they understand a no vote because of the ambiguous language but wanted their trust with a yes vote. Here is what it comes down to, I believe in Andy M and that the MOU will get done and the West will get a plan they can control. That means WE the west negotiate our own plan from now on and the IBT can not levy votes from the central and east coast like they did for the NMA. The reality is your "No" vote did nothing to change the MOU or when it would be completed. You could have voted yes and we still would be here waiting as well. It makes perfect sense that they will come through for the actives and like I said before if we don't get the MOU there will be trouble for every local out here (if thrown in Central states plan, not because of some internet reformers). I can not tell you it will or won't happen but until they fail I got their backs. They deserve it and you would want people to trust in you if your job was on the line. Last time I checked we are a UNION and we all like our jobs don't we.

PS. That Dog you talked about has some bark or that MOU might not even been in the contract. Hopefully we get some SPD's soon and find out what direction we are truly going.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Reform Crew: "Your intellect on the MOU is moot. As I understand some of this, the trustees of the CS Plan have powers to change things in that HC Plan. They are also voted in and out. to Member's satisfaction? Members get to vote on what H/H/&Andy M bring forward as they are appointed to negotiate this on member's behalf. I personally wish to see the WC have their own HC Plan. As someone pointed it out to me way back earlier this year, funding such a plan is difficult. After a few months of research on my own, that statement seems to be correct"

So your a professional on contract negotiation...... LOL!!!! How many time must I say it? CS plan is the worst case scenario and having the Central Sates is bad because of the Central States Trustees. This is what I have been saying since day 1 that the MOU must get done and be controlled by West Trustees (have you even read the MOU or my arguments with TOS?). You voted no cause you didn't believe it would get done, had nothing on paper and listen to Debbie Downers like TOS way too much. Our leaders get it and told the members they understand a no vote because of the ambiguous language but wanted their trust with a yes vote. Here is what it comes down to, I believe in Andy M and that the MOU will get done and the West will get a plan they can control. That means WE the west negotiate our own plan from now on and the IBT can not levy votes from the central and east coast like they did for the NMA. The reality is your "No" vote did nothing to change the MOU or when it would be completed. You could have voted yes and we still would be here waiting as well. It makes perfect sense that they will come through for the actives and like I said before if we don't get the MOU there will be trouble for every local out here (if thrown in Central states plan, not because of some internet reformers). I can not tell you it will or won't happen but until they fail I got their backs. They deserve it and you would want people to trust in you if your job was on the line. Last time I checked we are a UNION and we all like our jobs don't we.

PS. That Dog you talked about has some bark or that MOU might not even been in the contract. Hopefully we get some SPD's soon and find out what direction we are truly going.

Laguna, you start by calling the poster "reform clown", but I am curious how he is the "clown" when he VOTED on this contract, and YOU didnt? Seems like the only one who should feel like a "clown" would be YOU.

Second, you keep harping on the MOU being done and I dont know what you think you are talking about. What is it in the MOU and in fact, which MOU are you talking about in the first place?

Is there an MOU in the national master agreement that allows the west to spend what they want, pick any benefit level they want and maintain those levels on their own?

If there is, would you please post that MOU for all of us to see. Apparently, none of us have read that one and you have.

You said "I believe in Andy and that the MOU will get done and the West will get a plan they can control. That means WE the west negotiate our own plan from now on and the IBT can not levy votes from the central and east coast like they did for the NMA"

First things first. In your statement, you say "WE" can control our healthcare plan, in saying "WE" are you implying that "WE" the members will have some say in the healthcare plans future, like benefit levels, additional costs and such? IF so, you couldnt be more wrong. The plan will have trustees, and those trustees will have the POWER to make changes to benefit levels WITHOUT our approval. They can increase the cost of these plans to members by a simple vote and that vote will NOT have to be authorized by the members of the west. That means, any out of pocket changes can come at ANY TIME and NOTHING will be locked in for the duration of the contract.

You seem to be implying that the "west" can somehow find us a plan that is just like the current UPS that we have and that is wrong as well.

You claim to "believe" in Andy, but do you really? If so, then why not "believe" A's OWN WORDS. You seem to think he is going to pull a rabbit out of his hat and get you a plan that is just like what we have today? How about we listen to his own words and go from there?

"even if we get our own plan, a carve out, it will still be the same benefit levels as the C6, so in effect, what you are voting for IS the C6 plan" ~Andy M- Contract meeting, local 396 and local 952.

I find it disturbing that we have a "Steward" who claims to be the best steward around working in local 952 and he doesnt have the correct understanding of the MOU that has been proposed. Its disturbing that you are walking around talking to members giving them a false sense of security about the healthcare that will affect them in the future, but then again, you didnt vote so what else could be expected.

You can believe in A. all you want, but remember, it was A. who put us in this situation in the first place by NOT standing up to the IBT and fighting for our current healthcare plan. No matter what baloney A. is spinning currently, it is clear that the IBT's intention was to toss us into the C6 no matter what. The 6 months to "find" us another plan in the west was nothing more than a rouse.

You bought into it, I get it. But, as i asked you in the begining of this post, show us the MOU you believe exists in the NMA. Ill wait.

Peace

TOS

LagunaBrown

Laguna, you start by calling the poster "reform clown", but I am curious how he is the "clown" when he VOTED on this contract, and YOU didnt? Seems like the only one who should feel like a "clown" would be YOU.

Second, you keep harping on the MOU being done and I dont know what you think you are talking about. What is it in the MOU and in fact, which MOU are you talking about in the first place?

Is there an MOU in the national master agreement that allows the west to spend what they want, pick any benefit level they want and maintain those levels on their own?

If there is, would you please post that MOU for all of us to see. Apparently, none of us have read that one and you have.

You said "I believe in Andy and that the MOU will get done and the West will get a plan they can control. That means WE the west negotiate our own plan from now on and the IBT can not levy votes from the central and east coast like they did for the NMA"

First things first. In your statement, you say "WE" can control our healthcare plan, in saying "WE" are you implying that "WE" the members will have some say in the healthcare plans future, like benefit levels, additional costs and such? IF so, you couldnt be more wrong. The plan will have trustees, and those trustees will have the POWER to make changes to benefit levels WITHOUT our approval. They can increase the cost of these plans to members by a simple vote and that vote will NOT have to be authorized by the members of the west. That means, any out of pocket changes can come at ANY TIME and NOTHING will be locked in for the duration of the contract.

You seem to be implying that the "west" can somehow find us a plan that is just like the current UPS that we have and that is wrong as well.

You claim to "believe" in Andy, but do you really? If so, then why not "believe" A's OWN WORDS. You seem to think he is going to pull a rabbit out of his hat and get you a plan that is just like what we have today? How about we listen to his own words and go from there?

"even if we get our own plan, a carve out, it will still be the same benefit levels as the C6, so in effect, what you are voting for IS the C6 plan" ~Andy M- Contract meeting, local 396 and local 952.

I find it disturbing that we have a "Steward" who claims to be the best steward around working in local 952 and he doesnt have the correct understanding of the MOU that has been proposed. Its disturbing that you are walking around talking to members giving them a false sense of security about the healthcare that will affect them in the future, but then again, you didnt vote so what else could be expected.

You can believe in A. all you want, but remember, it was A. who put us in this situation in the first place by NOT standing up to the IBT and fighting for our current healthcare plan. No matter what baloney A. is spinning currently, it is clear that the IBT's intention was to toss us into the C6 no matter what. The 6 months to "find" us another plan in the west was nothing more than a rouse.

You bought into it, I get it. But, as i asked you in the begining of this post, show us the MOU you believe exists in the NMA. Ill wait.

Peace

TOS

Obviously by your posts you can not comprehend certain things. You can blame me and take your holier than thou attitude that I have no say for not voting when I did not get a ballot from the IBT and did everything in my power to receive one (Even though I went to every contact meeting and was fully informed just like you). You can team up with your "reform crew" ;) and post my name. The fact is we can type here forever and nothing will ever be good enough for you. You want a plan to be ran by the members and your talking about pulling rabbits from a hat? Lol.......Get serious, a board of "West" trustees will be in our best interest and the can negotiate better contributions for us in the future. Nobody wants to be in the central states plan I can agree with you on that. The bottom line is we will have to agree to disagree until we hear from the IBT.

Peace

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Obviously by your posts you can not comprehend certain things. You can blame me and take your holier than thou attitude that I have no say for not voting when I did not get a ballot from the IBT and did everything in my power to receive one (Even though I went to every contact meeting and was fully informed just like you). You can team up with your "reform crew" ;) and post my name. The fact is we can type here forever and nothing will ever be good enough for you. You want a plan to be ran by the members and your talking about pulling rabbits from a hat? Lol.......Get serious, a board of "West" trustees will be in our best interest and the can negotiate better contributions for us in the future. Nobody wants to be in the central states plan I can agree with you on that. The bottom line is we will have to agree to disagree until we hear from the IBT.

Peace

When you speak of comprehension, what about yours? when do you address what I asked of you? I asked you to post the particular MOU that you are referring to as your "save all" to our healthcare. You didnt post it.

I blame you for nothing more than not voting. Its a pretty simple process. Apparently, not for you. As for your name, you qualified that yourself so you have nobody to blame for that but you.

As for your assertion that i want a plan to be run by the members, well, thats not true either, but dont let that stop you. I dont want to be a part of the central states or similiar plan administered by the teamsters for whatever reason.

I want to maintain my current plan administered by UPS and UPS only. The company made tons of money, and to provide the coverage to us members in the west shouldnt have been on the table, but thats what the IBT thought was in "our" best interests.

You make another assertion in your post that the "West" will have a board of trustees and that will somehow translate into being in our best interests...

Well, how do you come to that conclusion? Those trustees will be the same monkeys who got us into this mess in the first place. You expect us to believe that Andy, Ron, Randy and Co. will protect us as trustees when they couldnt protect us as negotiators?

Cause, believe me, the southwest will simply place themselves at the helm of the board along with UPS representatives. That being said, the UPS representatives will ALWAYS recommend that additional costs be passed to the members, and apparently, given the state of this contract proposal, the southwest leaders agree and are passing along the costs to the members.

So, looking forward, it can be safely assumed that any additional costs to maintain a plan will have to come from the EMPLOYEES and not the company.

The beloved MOU that you "THINK" you understand, doesnt contain a provision that guarantees coverage remain the same for the duration of the contract, so it still can be changed by the trustees at any time without OUR permission.

The company ISNT going to contribute any more money to the healthcare fund once this is finished. Thats plain and simple, so any rise is costs will have to be funded by the members and its PEOPLE like YOU that will convince others to screw themselves.

Just like you didnt understand the voting process enough to cast a ballot, you are wrong on the healthcare issue as well.

But lets come back to the begining. POST the MOU you feel speaks for itself and validates your claims. Ill still wait.

Peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You talk too much. Agree to disagree. Wait to see plan. Anything else is more YOUR ego than anything else. Bye bye

I see you have been placed in checkmate. Thanks for being nothing more than a blowhard. My ego trumps your nonsense. If you had a case, you would provide what I asked you for.

Unfortunately, it doesnt exist. Your imagination ran wild, but then again, its all you have.

Peace

TOS

I see you have been placed in checkmate. Thanks for being nothing more than a blowhard. My ego trumps your nonsense. If you had a case, you would provide what I asked you for.

Unfortunately, it doesnt exist. Your imagination ran wild, but then again, its all you have.

Peace

TOS
Why do you say that?? Just because he doesn't spew 14 paragraphs of political vomit and jiberush it's a check mate. Sometimes someone can say something without 1700 words. You should learn this and try it instead of being a big blowhard.

Peace

​407

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Why do you say that?? Just because he doesn't spew 14 paragraphs of political vomit and jiberush it's a check mate. Sometimes someone can say something without 1700 words. You should learn this and try it instead of being a big blowhard.

Peace

​407

NO, its because, like YOU and STINK, he babbers on and on about something he is merely repeating from someone he heard it from instead of "Citing" the particular MOU that "HE" believes sustains his position.

If you read the contract, and I assure you I HAVE, you will find that what he says is NOT possible.

There are traces of truth to what he is saying, just not in the context that he is representing. When he is called out on it, he runs away like he always does.

Sorry if 1400 words shuts down your brain, but if we are going to talk in terms of interpretations, then a full explanation is in order.

Maybe if people didnt take 3 or 4 words and then jump to a conclusion, there wouldnt be such confusion over this contract.

You should try it. It might help you out.

Peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
With respect to the issue of Health insurance for the West and Southwest, the main complaint from our members is that there was NOTHING solid to vote on, nothing to reference, nothing to assure us that it was in fact what it was represented to be. Week after week, the C6 plan continued to change from its original display to us, and that is reason for caution.

The IBT and our local leaders expected us to vote YES on NOTHING but a simple.. "TRUST US".

IS that how you buy cars? A home? A motorcycle? Family insurance? "TRUST US?"

This is a CONTRACT. It has defined terms that we are agreeing to, and when those terms are no longer "defined" and the union wants us to simply "TRUST US", then there is going to be a problem.

The members out here are not dumb. We know better than to take the unions word for anything. With a laundry list of concessions already, what prompts us to believe the insurance will not be compromised as well?

To simply vote yes, and give the IBT 6 months to stroke us and then tell us, "hey, my bad, we tried to find you better insurance, but we couldnt do it, here is the C6"...

That would be just plain stupid.

Sorry if this inconvenience holds up the contract ratification, but we are not going to settle for less like the rest of the country did when it comes to health care.

As for me, I am totally ok with taking the raise away from EVERYONE and applying that money to maintaining the benefits of the west and southwest even if that means taking it out of YOUR pocket.

You will find that the membership affected all feel the same way.

Chew on that one.

Peace

TOS