UPS Whistleblowers- Happy National Whistleblowers Appreciation Day!

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I would go further to say that after every other possible means is exhausted to help the employee fulfill his/her responsibility to the company, their coworkers, and themselves, the company not only has a right but an obligation to see that this problem is corrected even if progressive discipline is required.
This quote would give UPS the obligation to “correct” up to and including discipline for the safety measures that they or a rogue steward see fit.

Not dressing in layers?
Well now management can helpfully “correct” your behavior, and if you won’t fix it, they can come for your job.

Like energy drinks?
Well. Cool solutions says caffeine is bad. Management would be able to address that.

Not drinking the prescribed amount of water?
Too bad that you’re not thirsty. There are guidelines for this that you must follow now.

The contract is our authority on matters of discipline. Not management. And certainly not you.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Stop embarrassing yourself you have no credibility here with anyone there is no failure possible that would allow me to agree that management should give progressive discipline for the issues you’re talking about.
Never said this.
Your words were not misrepresented they were exactly as you stated.
You didn’t quote me you misquoted me, you know it.
You do not drive for UPS you have no credibility you are a fraud, what means would be exhausted?
You should know this if you were a quality steward.
There are none this is why you are a fraud a disgrace that would say something like that as a union member I will vehemently disrobe You agreeing that you would have no problem with management discipline someone for something in a position of steward like that brings reproach on you
Never said this.

I thought you are for employee responsibility?

Thebrownblob

Never said this.

You didn’t quote me you misquoted me, you know it.

You should know this if you were a quality steward.

Never said this.

I thought you are for employee responsibility?

You said it and you meant it. You were exposed. I’ve never once misrepresented myself and that’s all you’ve ever done on here since I’ve been a part of brown Café. Misrepresentation as well as avoidance you are not to be trusted in anyway shape or form. My personal opinion is that you are a management plant. Or even worse a sympathetic to management hourly with a ax to grind. Either way it’s embarrassing.

Thebrownblob

He would have UPS management dominate our lives with harassing progressive discipline because it would please him, and it is disturbing to say the least.

Thebrownblob

Me or my local wold never allow this let alone suggest it.

You good?

Tell you what I’ll be good when you apologize for your comment to every driver on here who bust his ass every day. And receives undue harassment by management for all kinds of nonsense things Outside of that most likely not good

Integrity

Binge Poster
You said it and you meant it.
You haven’t posted what I said.

I did.

I meant what I said please don’t spin it. I recommend you learn how to discuss what someone actually says and not what you spin it into.
You were exposed. I’ve never once misrepresented myself and that’s all you’ve ever done on here since I’ve been a part of brown Café. Misrepresentation as well as avoidance you are not to be trusted in anyway shape or form. My personal opinion is that you are a management plant. Or even worse a sympathetic to management hourly with a ax to grind. Either way it’s embarrassing.
You good?

You misrepresent yourself every time you misquote me.

Thebrownblob

May I ask for what?

In my local harassment is handled very forcefully and effectively, I might add.
We’re not talking about your local I’m sure they do find job we’re talking about your statements and you know that quit avoiding, your comments that were derogatory towards your personal opinions on representing members with management poorly. Step up to the plate and be a man and apologize for your comments.

Integrity

Binge Poster
We’re not talking about your local I’m sure they do find job we’re talking about your statements and you know that quit avoiding, your comments that were derogatory towards your personal opinions on representing members with management poorly. Step up to the plate and be a man and apologize for your comments.
Please quote the exact words that you specifically think I need to apologize for.

Please be specific and please use my exact words.

Otherwise I cannot help you here.

Thebrownblob

Please quote the exact words that you specifically think I need to apologize for.

Please be specific and please use my exact words.

Otherwise I cannot help you here.
Your exact words were you think management should be able to discipline him if somebody does not follow their cool solutions or drinking 3 gallons of water a day or eat correctly or any number of things that could cause a sweet person to go down with heat. My guess is you will not apologize because you are a coward who hides behind management and government rules

Integrity

Binge Poster
Your exact words were you think management should be able to discipline him if somebody does not follow their cool solutions or drinking 3 gallons of water a day or eat correctly or any number of things that could cause a sweet person to go down with heat.
I never said this nor would I ever say this. You are sadly mistaken. You are not good with exact words are you?
My guess is you will not apologize because you are a coward who hides behind management and government rules
Never hide behind either. Never have never will, also not afraid of either.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
My personal opinion is that you are a management plant.
Please! As a management person, I am highly offended that you would think this clown is part of us.
He not management caliber; too whiney and incapable of dealing with normal people.
The hourlies don’t want him either..
WTF is he/her/it???

Brownt10

There are few things more satisfying for an experienced preloader than inviting a supervisor to enter a conflict with them over workspace safety after the supervisor has already :censored2: a brick over the belt stopping due to lack of egress.
Just filed my first osha complaint online & it worked. They showed up & confronted management and a few preloaders did zoom call meetings with people from osha. I got two emails back & could see what osha said & Ups’s response

Integrity

Binge Poster
Just filed my first osha complaint online & it worked. They showed up & confronted management and a few preloaders did zoom call meetings with people from osha. I got two emails back & could see what osha said & Ups’s response
How would you rate your experience?

First time OSHA Whistle Blower?

Do you think the responses were detailed enough?

Was a complete inspection performed at your building as the result of your complaint?

Integrity

Binge Poster
They showed up at your building?

Brownnote

Whistleblowers tend to be very good at their jobs and take a great deal of pride in both what they do and who they work for. It is when that pride is betrayed that they look to make things right.
Thank you. I take pride in what I do. By that I mean, I walk the line between a company man and a hack. Lately all the rules went out the window. Laws, OSHA and the contract is in flux. Before you knew where you stood. Now, not so much. I filed a whistleblower complaint for something pretty big. I thought the company was overreaching, realize they got caught and change. Nope! The new tactic is full speed attack and pretending they're not doing it. Guys that told you they agree with you, now pretend your invisible.
If your going to whistleblow make sure it's for something you believe in, something that matters. Your going to do it alone. The laws are insufficient and the government isn't very motivated to stir the pot.
Make sure you have a lawyer you can get ahold of! Anyone that says 'Just get a lawyer, has never had to 'just get a lawyer.
Have six months savings in the bank.
And depending on how big the whistleblower "issue" is, be prepared to have a neon target on your back with flashing arrows. But... Change doesn't come from being nice, bending or backing down. If I lose, I lose. Life goes on.