UPS Whistleblowers- Happy National Whistleblowers Appreciation Day!

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Thank you. I take pride in what I do. By that I mean, I walk the line between a company man and a hack. Lately all the rules went out the window. Laws, OSHA and the contract is in flux. Before you knew where you stood. Now, not so much. I filed a whistleblower complaint for something pretty big. I thought the company was overreaching, realize they got caught and change. Nope! The new tactic is full speed attack and pretending they're not doing it. Guys that told you they agree with you, now pretend your invisible.
If your going to whistleblow make sure it's for something you believe in, something that matters. Your going to do it alone. The laws are insufficient and the government isn't very motivated to stir the pot.
Make sure you have a lawyer you can get ahold of! Anyone that says 'Just get a lawyer, has never had to 'just get a lawyer.
Have six months savings in the bank.
And depending on how big the whistleblower "issue" is, be prepared to have a neon target on your back with flashing arrows. But... Change doesn't come from being nice, bending or backing down. If I lose, I lose. Life goes on.
Your seasonal 😂

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Thank you. I take pride in what I do. By that I mean, I walk the line between a company man and a hack. Lately all the rules went out the window. Laws, OSHA and the contract is in flux. Before you knew where you stood. Now, not so much. I filed a whistleblower complaint for something pretty big. I thought the company was overreaching, realize they got caught and change. Nope! The new tactic is full speed attack and pretending they're not doing it. Guys that told you they agree with you, now pretend your invisible.
If your going to whistleblow make sure it's for something you believe in, something that matters. Your going to do it alone. The laws are insufficient and the government isn't very motivated to stir the pot.
Make sure you have a lawyer you can get ahold of! Anyone that says 'Just get a lawyer, has never had to 'just get a lawyer.
Have six months savings in the bank.
And depending on how big the whistleblower "issue" is, be prepared to have a neon target on your back with flashing arrows. But... Change doesn't come from being nice, bending or backing down. If I lose, I lose. Life goes on.

So what’s your story?

Brownnote

So what’s your story?
Cought the company violating the CFPA. At first I thought it was a "People are paying attention UPS, gotcha" moment. BA acted like it would be handled and I went on my merry way, until I was suspended. (I have 0 disciplinary issues.) Time went by and it was obvious UPS and my local worked out a deal. Went to a meeting and I told them both. They made a deal with an illegal subject (employee Data) and illegal subject's can't be bargained.
That's when everyone stopped talking to me. I was suspended for 4 months. (Didn't do anything wrong. No discipline involved. No bad behavior, no drugs, no booze) I've heard "Ohhh, this guy must have done something! His story doesn't make sense! Your right, It doesn't.
I've filled unfair labor charges and reports with everyone I could. Getting a lawyer (not as easy as it sounds)
What started out as me trying to be the good union doobie has turned into a nightmare. If anyone has a honest, strong local... Appreciate it.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Cought the company violating the CFPA. At first I thought it was a "People are paying attention UPS, gotcha" moment. BA acted like it would be handled and I went on my merry way, until I was suspended. (I have 0 disciplinary issues.) Time went by and it was obvious UPS and my local worked out a deal. Went to a meeting and I told them both. They made a deal with an illegal subject (employee Data) and illegal subject's can't be bargained.
That's when everyone stopped talking to me. I was suspended for 4 months. (Didn't do anything wrong. No discipline involved. No bad behavior, no drugs, no booze) I've heard "Ohhh, this guy must have done something! His story doesn't make sense! Your right, It doesn't.
I've filled unfair labor charges and reports with everyone I could. Getting a lawyer (not as easy as it sounds)
What started out as me trying to be the good union doobie has turned into a nightmare. If anyone has a honest, strong local... Appreciate it.
What is CFPA?

Brownnote

What is CFPA?
Consumer Financial Protection Act. My beef was with the new MVDC. Up until 2021 UPS was running consumer reports on us using the MVDC as "permission" for driving records in the form of MVR (motor vehicle records) which is technically a consumer report. (I personally don't care. I'm a UPS driver, that's what I do. I think UPS has the right to know) In 2021 they changed the MVDC. I did not sign the 2021, UPS signed for me. The first time I saw the new one with the "separate disclosure" I told UPS this isn't legal, you need to let guys know what they're signing. What other"permissions" are you going to claim you have? (Considering they've been technically breaking the law on the old ones) UPS was way too sneaky avoiding article 6. I just wanted everyone to know. (And payed for it) It's a way for them to save something off the barganing table in 2023 and say it's an existing business practice. I think I may know where they're going with it. Google- Trusted Workforce 2.0

Thebrownblob

Consumer Financial Protection Act. My beef was with the new MVDC. Up until 2021 UPS was running consumer reports on us using the MVDC as "permission" for driving records in the form of MVR (motor vehicle records) which is technically a consumer report. (I personally don't care. I'm a UPS driver, that's what I do. I think UPS has the right to know) In 2021 they changed the MVDC. I did not sign the 2021, UPS signed for me. The first time I saw the new one with the "separate disclosure" I told UPS this isn't legal, you need to let guys know what they're signing. What other"permissions" are you going to claim you have? (Considering they've been technically breaking the law on the old ones) UPS was way too sneaky avoiding article 6. I just wanted everyone to know. (And payed for it) It's a way for them to save something off the barganing table in 2023 and say it's an existing business practice. I think I may know where they're going with it. Google- Trusted Workforce 2.0
Interesting