UPS WILL FILE CHAPTER 11

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
My prediction for 2019
giphy.gif

watdaflock?

"Haber said UPS doesn't want customers shipping heavy items through its network since they eat up capacity and are generally unsafe for an individual driver to handle. "

"The surcharge on packages weighing more than 150 pounds will bump an extra $200 starting in December. That means, since 2017 the surcharge has elevated from $150 to $500 to $650 over this summer to about $850 by Dec. 26. And again, that's just the surcharge."

v06N8.gif

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
"Haber said UPS doesn't want customers shipping heavy items through its network since they eat up capacity and are generally unsafe for an individual driver to handle. "

"The surcharge on packages weighing more than 150 pounds will bump an extra $200 starting in December. That means, since 2017 the surcharge has elevated from $150 to $500 to $650 over this summer to about $850 by Dec. 26. And again, that's just the surcharge."

v06N8.gif

I wonder what the discounted rates are. My building runs trailer after trailer of irregs, hard to believe anyone is paying that much to ship a $150 package.

RetiredIE

Retirement is VASTLY underrated
My prediction for 2019

And:

1) The Orioles will win the world series.
2) A flock of pigs will fly around the White House
3) Bill Belichick will give a wide-ranging four hour pre-game interview explaining his strategy for every Patriot game in 2019.

Dude - UPS is worth more than $67b (market cap). This company might file Chapter 11 at some point, but not any time soon. R E L A X.

Zowert

Two world wars, the Great Depression, several serious economic recessions, the 1973 and 79 oil crisis plus a major union strike. All things UPS has survived during its 111 years. I seriously doubt Amazon is going to put UPS out of business.

Amazon’s reluctance to pay their workers a fair or comfortable living wage is going to catch up to them. Especially if they flood the roads with low paid drivers following GPS from stop to stop.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Two world wars, the Great Depression, several serious economic recessions, the 1973 and 79 oil crisis plus a major union strike. All things UPS has survived during its 111 years. I seriously doubt Amazon is going to put UPS out of business.

Amazon’s reluctance to pay their workers a fair or comfortable living wage is going to catch up to them. Especially if they flood the roads with low paid drivers following GPS from stop to stop.

Most of those events you listed happened before UPS started chasing the quarterly stock price

Food for thought